Talking to OH about moving?

Marlarky

Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi ya'll! OH, DS and I live in OH's mom's house in the basement apartment (1bedroom). We're nowhere ready TTC yet but I want to move because my son will be 3 soon and needs his own room. I've brought it up before but OH says No because his mom has diabetes that are really out-of-control and it happens often that he has to wake up in the middle of the night to give her a shot before she goes into a coma. So I understand him not wanting to go because it's really scary to leave her on her own like that, but there's gotta be something we can do, right? I mean, his older brother moved out a few years ago... does that mean my OH has to be the only one to keep an eye on my future MIL now?

That is tricky, I see his point as its his mother, but I see your point too, you can't live your lives in a basement, how about getting your own place and asking his mother to move in with you or get a place close to her so OH can be on stand by x

Any chance if getting a place of your own and ml moving in?

I was thinking the same. Moving into a new place and asking his mum to join if possible.

ahhh i know that seems like the best option, but as I cant even be bothered by my own mother moving in.... I reaaaally want a place of our own. I guess I stick it out for now?

Could there be the option of a live in carer for her? Or even just one brought in at night to ensure her safety as she sleeps?
I know its hard situation but you cant go on in that way - its not healthy for you, your partner or your son to all be cramped together and certainly not good for your relationship!!

Maybe you could find a place close by, so that if she's in trouble, your OH could be with her within 10 minutes? Or could you switch places with your MIL and have her live in the appartement?
I agree that you can't let this keep you from moving forward with your family. It's not because you OH is the last sibling to leave the house, that he should have to stay there and be the only one to care for your MIL.
Have you ever talked about this with your MIL?

Nooo I haven't talked to MIL about it, I was thinking thats more of OHs "job" to bring it up first, then we can talk to her together about it when we're more ready to move.

I'm sure we can establish some kind of care routine.. coming over for dinner a couple nights a week and making sure she eats enough foods that can keep her from crashing.. having her brother stay a few nights a week so he can keep an eye on her.. having OHs brother have dinner a few nights a week to make sure... etc? Anyone have experience with type 1 diabetes??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"