Tall maternity clothes?!

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I am really struggling to get maternity clothes that fit me. I am 5ft 11 with a 33 inch inside leg and so I have to buy all my clothes from the tall sections in stores. Unfortunately none of the high street stores seem to have caught on to the fact that these tall ladies do go on to have babies!!! I am having problems finding tops that are long enough and trousers are a complete no-no lol. Does anyone else have this problem? Or know of somewhere I can buy tall maternity wear that doesnt cost and arm and a leg?!

I find new look quite good for trousers and jeans. (I am also 33 inch leg and 5 11). But as for tops, god knows, i have got some belly bands (also from new look) that i wear underneath the tops that are too short!!! lol

Hehe thanks. I might have to try bump bands. Our local New Look is useless and has about 1 rail of maternity clothes. May have to go to London or something and do some serious shopping!

I am quite lucky, my local new look in Ipswich has quite a lot, they have it online? God knows what we will be like when we are huge, we'll be wearing crop tops!!!!

Lol yeh just walking around in bras lol. I'm ok at the moment cos I can still get into my 2 tunic tops I had before I was pregnant. But I am rapidly growing out of everything!

I know what you mean - I'm 5ft10 but have a 34 inside leg. I've just got some jeans from Seraphine online in the sale, they do long-length trousers but are expensive if not in the sale. Otherwise new look or sometimes asda - although they are quite hit-and-miss on length.

I still haven't found many maternity tops that are long enough but did buy some ordinary long line strappy tops in a bigger size from new look.

I just search the internet constantly for sales and tall clothes so have managed to pick up a few things each month but there really isn't a great deal of choice unless you are rich, which I'm definately not!

You may have already found these links but try the sales sections of:
www.longtallsally.com
www.seraphine.com
www.verbaudet.co.uk

Woohoo been searching New Look online and found some jeans in 34 inch inside leg so I can still wear heels yay. Been having to wear flip flops and hope nobody notices my jeans are a tiny bit short lol.

I really struggled with this...

Luckily though being pregnant in the summer I wore cropped trousers all the time!!

I think dorothy perkins have maternity jeans in long though :)

Im only 5ft 7 and i cant get maternity clothes to go over my bump properly and my bump looks tiny to me. They never seem to cover properly. Keep having to tug it back down :-(

Next online do extra long. I'm nearly 6 foot too.

I was going to say Next too. Im 5'10" and have just bought 2 pairs of long trousers from there. Although I have to say if i was much taller I still think they would be a bit short. As for tops being too short, get a bump band! Mamas and papas do really lovely ones for a tenner, really comfy, and it means you can still wear your pre-pregnancy tops coz it just looks like its layered! x

I'm the same height as SianMA, and haven't bought any maternity clothes yet, still stretching my normal ones lol,:rolleyes: but have always had trouble getting trousers with a 33" inside leg. Maybe will try New Look online too.

I have never found long maternity jeans in New Look, although online they seem to have them. Next and Mamas and Papas do great long length jeans in 33in inside leg. H+M also do long length maternity vests for £4.99.

Im in canada i have the same issue but im 5"9 with a 36 inseam and its a pain to find regular clothes let alone maternity wear. Most stores here only carry 32 inseam which does me no good :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->