Tandem nursing - HELP PLEASE!

Mummy_leanne

Reaction score
Hi, I've been nursing DD for approx 2 & 1/2 years so far, always in demand. Had no issues with milk production whilst pregnant with DS who was born on Monday night. I've been nursing them both since coming home on Monday, my issue is that after nursing my DD has now started being sick not just a little bit but full on projectile vomiting. She's still asking for milk from me so i don't t think it's that she doesn't like the taste anymore or anything like that.
Also I was told that because I'd never stopped producing milk it wouldn't 'come in' like normal that doesn't seem to be the case given that today my boobs seem to have doubled in size and become really heavy!

Has anyone ever experienced this or have any idea as to what's going on - there's just so much sick I'm getting worried! :shrug:

Although your milk didn't go, chances are it will have reduced over time. Now, you'll be back at that early days level, and she's probably getting more than she's used to. As you've found, it's not true that your milk doesn't come in if you've been nursing straight through. That's normal. I'd suggest thinking about limiting her a bit while it settles. Because you're working on supply and demand, you don't want to end up with more milk than your two need. My daughter responded quite well to me counting her down to limit the length of a feed. After DS was born I let her nurse as often as she wanted but kept those times quite short. Might be worth a bit of experimenting.

It's very early days though, and like after having your first, it takes some time for things to settle.

Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->