Tasting blood

Amsan

Reaction score
Anyone else tasting blood in their mouths but not actually bleeding?

I do, especially after I eat. I can never see any blood at the time but my gums have been bleeding a lot when I brush so I figure that's what it is.

Maybe that's my problem since I'm eating all day now :haha:

I have. It's not from blood I don't think; at least, it wasn't for me. I got it early on in a chemical pregnancy once and my mom said she tasted that metallic taste throughout 3 out of 4 pregnancies almost 24/7 and it wasn't due to bleeding gums. It's just a strange aftertaste in your mouth that happens to some women. I asked my OB about it later out of curiosity and was told that it does happen sometimes and no one really knows why but most likely due to hormone changes. Some sort of change in your saliva which would make sense that it is most common during and after eating. I never experienced it with my son or with this pregnancy either but I always remember it. The first time was after eating a cucumber sandwich and I remember asking if anyone else thought they tasted weird and then describing it to my mom. She's the one who urged me to take a pregnancy test because she knew it to be a pregnancy symptom.

I had a weird taste in my mouth during the first tri. But it wasn't blood-like I don't think. Don't know how to describe it at all. These days there is blood in my mouth after brushing my teeth. And other tastes I have are probably acid reflux related.

I know EXACTLY what taste you're talking about! I had that in first tri too and it was AWFUL. I can't drink Orange soda anymore because I always had that taste in my mouth and orange soda was the only thing I could drink first tri. Now it makes me sick

Omg I said the exact same thing to my oh this morning. :/ weird. I said its a sign.but im so desperate that ANYTHING is a sign at the moment. Haha. X

I've given up on signs lol I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact he's never coming out!!

I've given up on signs lol I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact he's never coming out!!

I was driving down the highway looking in the mirror this morning trying to figure out what was bleeding! DH was looking at me like wtf?

I was driving down the highway looking in the mirror this morning trying to figure out what was bleeding! DH was looking at me like wtf?

I do it too! I swear I'm tasting it but have no idea where its coming from!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->