Tattoo

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by xSamanthax, Jan 30, 2011.

1. xSamanthax

xSamanthax DD1, DS1 and 1 Angel

I didn't know where to post this so thought i would post it here, I'm wanting to get a tattoo of Ellie's name and date of birth on my wrist in the middle of Feb sometime, and while i was there i was thinking of getting Baby Angel and the date we lost him/her on my other wrist. My OH thinks this is a bad idea though.... what do you all think?? honest opinion please.

2. babyerin

babyerin mama to one and pg

My sister has our angel sister's footprints on her arm.
    I think its lovely.
    Bear in mind people will ask about it, if you are haopy to tell then go for it hun x

3. xSamanthax

Thank you hun, I actually don't mind talking about my little Angel, even though we lost him/her at 9 weeks they were still my child and i personally will always class them as my 2nd child, even 'when' i get pregnant again when i announce it to everyone i will say expecting baby number 3, so i don't mind if people ask at all :)

I just don't know if i want just the names and date of births/ lost date or if i want a little symbol too

4. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

i personally would just have a symbol (but thats just me) is still meaningful to u :D

5. babyerin

babyerin mama to one and pg

Of course they were still your child hun, my mum says she is now expecting no5, there's 3 of us and my angel sister :flower:

I hope I haven't caused offence, I only meant it in the sense that you may get upset..I know my sister did at first as people can be a little insensitive but now she whips her tatt out with pride :thumbup:

:hugs:

6. xSamanthax

Oh no hun you didn't cause offence at all! :hugs: I actually find it easier to talk about my little angel. It's harder when people 'pretend' that it never happened at all.

I think i'm going to get a little heart near Ellie's name, and maybe some little angel wings near Baby Angel, not sure though

7. punk_chick

punk_chick Well-Known Member

My sister's baby died at 16 months old and she has her name tattooed on her wrist and if you turn it upside down it says ANGEL (her name was TASHA). I have my name tattooed on my wrist just warning that of all my tattoos and I've had even had my ribs done, this one hurt the most :dohh:

8. fabz

fabz Well-Known Member

I think the heart or angel wings is a lovely idea. :flower:

i have tattoos n my wrists as well-they hurt a bit, the one on my ribs was fine, but the one on my foot hurt like mad!! My friend was going to have her kidds names on her foot til she heard about mine!!

xoxo

9. xSamanthax

That is the only thing i'm worried about.... it hurting, i'm such a wimp lol. Thinking i might use some numbing cream if they will let me

10. fabz

fabz Well-Known Member

lol

its not too bad. my mums a huge wimp and she has tons of tattoos!!
    she buys numbing cream everytime but never uses it!!

11. lynne192

lynne192 mum 2 James & Libby

beautiful idea i have tattoo on each wrist and got one on my chest near my heart and one o my back right at the base of my neck wrists hurt the most lol

12. xSamanthax

Have any of you that have a tattoo used numbing creams? do they work?

13. lynne192

lynne192 mum 2 James & Libby

never heard of this.... i didn't think they advised using anything like this because you need to be able to feel i think so that things don't go wrong? the pain of getting a tattoo is sharp but its nothing compared to childbirth or losing a child. i have a huge needle phobia and i am addicted to getting tattoos :D

14. Ilovemychild

Ilovemychild Well-Known Member

I think thats a very cute idea!! I have a cross on the back of my neck (a drunken night's work).. which threw off my plans to have footprints with Conner's name and birthday on my shoulder blade. I guess I could still do it but I feel like the center tat on my neck and a shoulder tat would look off balance.

Thats always an idea for you though.. maybe some angel wings with the date? Or something symbolic?

And as far as the numbing cream.. Ive never heard of it, but I can tell you that if you've been through childbirth and a delivery... a tattoo will be a walk in the park!! I've got 4, and if it weren't for the fact that my husband hates tattoos, I would have wayyyy more. I find them relaxing.. but im a dork!!

15. xSamanthax

I can't make my mind up on the tattoo for my Baby Angel... I was thinking of having Baby Angel wrote on with the DOD underneath and having some little angel wings that start yellow in the middle and go white at the end under the Baby and before the Angel. But while i was at the tattoo place i saw this really cute tattoo of a baby wrapped in angel wings with a banner underneath for the DOB/DOD, i was thinking maybe this would be good and getting the little all in one suit done in yellow

Which one do you think sounds better?? I really can't make my mind up :help:

16. cowboys angel

cowboys angel new mama & wife and ttc#2

When I got both my tattoos I was told they wanted me to feel what they were doing so I could stop them if something didn't feel right, and also so that my body didn't go into shock if the pain was too much for me to bear. If it's numbed, your body can still react to extreme pain even if you can't feel it.

Are you talking on the inside of your wrist? I have one there, and I thought it was more uncomfortable than anything. When they filled it in, it stung, but it didn't hurt super bad. The one behind my ear hurt like....well I cried. Lol.

17. Lilicat

Lilicat Mother of two boys

That sounds really beautiful. Good luck with whichever idea you go for.

18. xSamanthax

Yes hun i'm talking about the inside of my wrists :)

19. cowboys angel

cowboys angel new mama & wife and ttc#2

I didn't really think it was really that painful. I think it stung, and was uncomfortable. The pain wasn't bad. I truly don't recommend pain killers though. For me at least, I needed to know what was going on, to not be unsure. Besides, when the pain killers wear off a little pain is gonna hit you anyway.

20. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of doing something for my angel too. But I don't think I'll do a name. We named him Cameron even though we never really knew if it was a boy or girl. But DH wants to get his name. I would rather have a symbol like wings instead of a name. I have a tattoo on the inside of one of my wrists and I didn't think it hurt at all. I love the feeling of getting tattoos though. :haha: I've never even heard of people using numbing cream.