Tattoo's whilst pregnant

alismith92

Reaction score
i'm 18 week preg and i was just wondering if its safe to get a tattoo whilst pregnant, i want one on my foot and i don't know if it'l be harmful to the baby or not?

Hi,

I've never really heard anything about tattoo's while pregnant? Tbh i'd just wait till after baby is born anyway if it was me, could be uncomfortable sat in one position for a while etc and sorry but its not a necessity really is it, IYGWIM?

Ask your MW and if she says yes then by all means go for it, just stating what I would do

x

Nope you cant, and a tattooist should refused any pregnant lady wanting a tattoo.
A proper tattooist should check with you if you have any medical conditions prior to having a tattoo.

Also you cant get a tattoo while breastfeeding or expressing either.

i guess i'l leave it till After then :) thanks u guys xxx

I know chick! I wanted a tattoo even after having Alex til I discovered i couldnt because i was expressing milk! Didnt want to take any unnessarry risks.

Sod it though - it can wait!

I really want one as well! But i don't think we're allowed to. I've been thinking about it recently and i was so scared about having one before.. Because of the pain, but now that i have to give birth..(!!!) I'm not half as nervous, so i can't wait :D xxx

yeah, definitely :)
just jealous of my boyfriend coz he's getting all these fancy new tattoo's :(

I have a tatto friend on facebook and i asked her just the other day and she said no not while pregnant... i find a lil strange though cause kerry katona had one when she was pregnant lol.

Yeah theirs actually a sign at the tattoo place i go to that states they do not tattoo pregnant women and a whole list of other people they wont tat. I had a 1 booked and then a few days later BFP :lol: xx

Yea your not allowed tattoos while your pg or bf. Im a trainee tattooist and I have heard of a time a woman had a tattoo while pg (lied to the artist) and got an infection which eventually lead to a miscarriage. If i remember correctly there was a massive outcry at kerry katona having one while pregnant? I really do not know how that woman was voted 'celebrity mum of the year' but thats a total differnt rant! xx

I have a tatto friend on facebook and i asked her just the other day and she said no not while pregnant... i find a lil strange though cause kerry katona had one when she was pregnant lol.

Yeah she later tried to justify it by saying its only dangerous if you pass out whilst having it done. But why take the risk and how would you know before they start if your going to pass out :shrug:

OUCHY!!!!!! is what im saying!!!
I wouldnt even try as ur skin becomes more sensitive so it hurts alot more!
I had one when i was about 7 weeks gone (didnt know at that point i was pg)
It hurt alot more than any others ive ever had......it was only after i found out about baby that i realised why it was so much more painful!!
I was actually in tears!!!!!!!! Usually i can handle them fine (Ive got 6)
So yeah....pleeeeease wait!? Youve got labour pain to look forward to, surely thats enough!
Haha
:)

Nope, and they say you shouldn't have one while breastfeeding. Most reputable shops (which is where you would want to go for something permanent) won't tattoo a pregnant or a breastfeeding mama. :)

tattooists will usually refuse you if you are pregnant, i was told due to risk of MC but not sure.

I found it strange how she got in the music industry as she couldn't sing either :nope: lol.

im not pregnant but had a tattoo done a few weeks ago n had to fill in a health questionaire one of the q s was are u pregnant or breast feeding also as ha sbeen said ur skin is so much more sensitive i know a friend that had a wax done whilst pregnant n it really hurt

My friend is a (pregnant!) tatooist and she said that you definitely shouldn't get it done whilst pregnant or breastfeeding as it can increase the chance of miscarriage and its harmful to the baby in the milk.

i find a lil strange though cause kerry katona had one when she was pregnant lol.

Lol, after seeing her most recent antics I have to say that I don't think she's the most reliable role model ;) I too wonder how she became celeb mum of the year!!

yep, all these ladies are right. im a tattooist and the short version is, do NOT get a tattoo whilst you are pregnancy or expressing milk/breastfeeding. it is very dangerous for your child. if you told your artist you were pg and they still inked you anyway, i think that says a LOT about the quality of their work! clearly not reputable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->