Tax credit change of circumstance!

Discussion in 'Work & Finance' started by FlowerFairy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. FlowerFairy

FlowerFairy James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi

Hi,

When I let Tax credits know I am no longer working and therefore no longer paying childcare will they do a brand new claim, meaning a 4-6 week wait or will they just alter and recalculate our exisiting claim?

TIA:kiss:

2. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

for me they just ultered it. Had my money in a week

3. xxembobxx

xxembobxx Well-Known Member

When I did mine they cancelled my claim and started a new one but it was sorted out within a couple of weeks. I know it's quite scary to not know how long you might have to survive without money for.
    They do a 4 week run-on of childcare fees so you will still get the money for 4 weeks after it stops :)

4. Mummy2onexx

Mummy2onexx Well-Known Member

i've changed my circumstances to recently which meant all my money had to be stopped until my new claim was sorted, i stopped receiving anything on the 17 may, sent the new claim off on 25th may i still haven't heard anything!

to say me and OH are struggling is an understatement, there not quick at doing anything lol x

5. 2nd time mum

2nd time mum Well-Known Member

Yeah they stopped mine too cos it was a change and treated it as a new claim. I phoned them 27th April to let them know, got forms to fill out and returned the next week and eventually got money on Tuesday past there. Almost 6 weeks from when I first told them but it has all been backdated which is a great help.