Tax credits Q.

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hi, me and OH applied for child/working tax credits a few weeks ago and when we spoke to an advisor she said we were entitled to around £600 a month.

I would get the child tax credits and OH would get the working tax credits.

So i looked at my bank and saw there was a payement of £90 into my bank from child tax credits:shrug:

LO was born on 19th july btw and we applied a few weeks after.

I was thinking this is what we are owed for the end of july?

But OH has not had any payements from them(obviously if i have a backdated payement OH should have too?)

We also havnt had a letter explaining payements or anything.

Has any1 else had this problem?

thanks xxx

£600 is quite a high amount. Are you paying for childcare?

Yeah £600 was what we were told we were entitled to per year of CTC.

You will probably get a letter in the next day or so, whenever I've had back payments, i get the money then the letter follows.

Nope,notpaying for childcare and to be honest it is a high amount and i know alot of other people who need the money more than we do,out of that money we will use £200 to pay for the rest of our bills and the rest we can do what we want with,but we have money to do that anyway...

They need to sort the scheme out really x

Even if it was just for july you would be getting more like £60 a week min for child tax credits nevermind working tax credits so they must have made a mistake?

Even if it was just for july you would be getting more like £60 a week min for child tax credits nevermind working tax credits so they must have made a mistake?

Just got off the phone with them and they have made a mistake,they have got down that we earn over 17000 a year and we dont,OH gets 14000 and im not working atm so they are changing it...good job i rang tho.

Think its silly that they just stick money in your bank without telling you though,apparently i got the payment on the 21st...i only found out it was there yesterday! xxx

Just got off the phone with them and they have made a mistake,they have got down that we earn over 17000 a year and we dont,OH gets 14000 and im not working atm so they are changing it...good job i rang tho.

Think its silly that they just stick money in your bank without telling you though,apparently i got the payment on the 21st...i only found out it was there yesterday! xxx

WTC stops at 17999. :growlmad:

Could be two reasons that TC had the wrong figure.. either, that was the figure that was on the form as its last years income that TC is based on initially OR when the form was sent in it was captured incorrect by the computer. Forms are not manually captured, therefore could be easy to do.

I know it's very bizarre that you get money before you know about it but obv with the time it takes for a letter to be sent 2nd class a BACS payment gets processed quicker!! Award notices can take approx 10days to be rec'd!! Hope it makes sense for you when you get it but remember now the first one you get will be wrong as it will have wrong income on!!!

My friend has 3 children and another on the way, her hubby earns about £20, 000 and all benifits excluding child benifit she gets £490 a month. I thimk they may have made a mistake or possibly it was £600 a year? Ours was £545 a year with 1 child and 2 parents working. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->