TCC after depo injection?

I was on the depo for 8 years... 1 MC April 2008... :cry: its a bad bad drug!!

Best of luck ladies xxx

I had one depo jab over a year ago and cycle is only just getting back to normal. Not happy as I was not told there would be any side effects like this.
Good luck girls!!
:dust:

old posts... but i have been off depo for 2 years. Have anyone managed to get pregnant??? x

old posts... but i have been off depo for 2 years. Have anyone managed to get pregnant??? x

Id love to hear someone say they have gotten pregnant after being off a year...i would also love love love to hear someone say that once their cycle came normal they ovulated as well. Im tired of holding my pee for the ov tests.

Kerri is it possible to ovulate if your having 14-16 day cycles? how long have you been trying for?

Kerri is it possible to ovulate if your having 14-16 day cycles? how long have you been trying for?

I had 17 day cycles in 2010 when i got pregnant but ended in mc at 9 weeks. Its def possible but i am sure the window is very small. This is only second cycle trying since af came back march 4th. Last depo shot was 1 year and 2 months ago. :( Seems like i may have a long road ahead if im not ovulating, but i hope i am.

I had 17 day cycles in 2010 when i got pregnant but ended in mc at 9 weeks. Its def possible but i am sure the window is very small. This is only second cycle trying since af came back march 4th. Last depo shot was 1 year and 2 months ago. :( Seems like i may have a long road ahead if im not ovulating, but i hope i am.

So sorry to hear of your mc :( i really hope your road isnt too long...it will happen!

Ladies, I just wanted to offer you some hope!! I have quoted my earlier post in this thread - it was my first ever post on BnB back in March 2010. I felt like I was never going to conceive and really regretted ever having the Depo jab. Well, I conceived the very next cycle! And I now have 2 gorgeous boys :cloud9:

Hi, been browsing BnB regularly for a couple of months but saw this thread and had to register to post (sorry my 1st post is a rant!).

I was on Depo for about 3 years. We were WTT while I was on it because my hubby wasn't quite ready. Then a year into it, I had to take a new job that had a 2 year training course so me and hubby planned from the start of the course to start TTC as soon as it finished. I told the nurses who gave me my Depo jabs this several times but they never told me the side effects.

I took my last Depo jab in Aug 2008 so it ran out in Nov 2008. I didn't even get AFs until Aug 2009, then they came back with a vengeance with sometimes as little as 10 days between AFs. I've finally had regular cycles for the last 3 mths with the previous 2 being 27 days (this is day 27 of the 3rd cycle, and I feel like AF is on her way again :cry:).

I will be 35 in 2 mths, and I have a medical condition that causes mcs... I'm so scared that I won't ever have a baby. The docs won't refer me to see anyone to check my fertility until Aug 2010 because they say I need to try for 12 mths & they won't count the time before my AFs came back.

I can't believe the drs put me on that evil Depo, knowing I was WTT. If only I had read this thread 3/4 years ago. I agree with what someone else said - they should only give Depo to women who definitely don't want children in the future.

Ladies, I just wanted to offer you some hope!! I have quoted my earlier post in this thread - it was my first ever post on BnB back in March 2010. I felt like I was never going to conceive and really regretted ever having the Depo jab. Well, I conceived the very next cycle! And I now have 2 gorgeous boys :cloud9:

Hi, been browsing BnB regularly for a couple of months but saw this thread and had to register to post (sorry my 1st post is a rant!).

I was on Depo for about 3 years. We were WTT while I was on it because my hubby wasn't quite ready. Then a year into it, I had to take a new job that had a 2 year training course so me and hubby planned from the start of the course to start TTC as soon as it finished. I told the nurses who gave me my Depo jabs this several times but they never told me the side effects.

I took my last Depo jab in Aug 2008 so it ran out in Nov 2008. I didn't even get AFs until Aug 2009, then they came back with a vengeance with sometimes as little as 10 days between AFs. I've finally had regular cycles for the last 3 mths with the previous 2 being 27 days (this is day 27 of the 3rd cycle, and I feel like AF is on her way again :cry:).

I will be 35 in 2 mths, and I have a medical condition that causes mcs... I'm so scared that I won't ever have a baby. The docs won't refer me to see anyone to check my fertility until Aug 2010 because they say I need to try for 12 mths & they won't count the time before my AFs came back.

I can't believe the drs put me on that evil Depo, knowing I was WTT. If only I had read this thread 3/4 years ago. I agree with what someone else said - they should only give Depo to women who definitely don't want children in the future.

you have no idea how happy this made me! your words 'im so scared that i wo't ever have a baby' is EXACTLY how i feel. there is hope after depo!!!

A HUGEE congratulations!!:happydance::happydance:

You can see from my Sonny I went on to have 2 little monsters I have had to have the injection gain but with medication for my thyroid it is looking hopeful that af will return normally though I am stiff breast feeding little Mr it could still take some time. My body also rejected the coil so we may end up with a small tribe of kids lol

my eldest daughter was conceived 2 days after the depo jab ran out....... it was due 31st oct and I was pregnant 2nd nov!! but I was only 20 at the time not sure if age has anything to do with it? my 2nd daughter was conceived whilst I was on cerezette! and now we are sort of tcc my depo jab ran out 24th may and ive had some really weird symptoms but I think its the jab confusing my body :(

but in all honesty I would not recommend the depo to anyone I think it is vile and should only be given to women who don't want children in the future.....

i was on the depo for 5 years never had a period while on it stopped having it saw a period a few weeks later and conceievd my son 6 months later and from what i have read about the depo i would never go back on it again i relise how lucky i was to conceive so soon after x

yep I agree this is evil to lol came off the depo in july last yr after only having around 3 shots.Took 7 months to get my periods back and still waiting to get preg don't help that im not ovulating either so don't know if that is due to the depo to.

I have a thyroid problem no so the depo interacted with that whilst unmedicated it's worth asking your gp to check your bloodsd for it as it means you don't ovualte either. I've had it again since having my son AF turned up a few days ago so i think if your bodys in order you can clear it out the system. it's still evil as it played havoc with my mood

I had just the one shot in November last year, my last period was in March and this month I had really odd light brown spotting for almost two weeks. I would never, ever go back on it, I used to be regular as clockwork! x

er I had some brown spotting 3 wks after coming off the depo got excited coz thought was signs of getting back to narmal how daft was I.the only way I would go bk on the depo is if I was lucky to get pregnant as I know that this would be my last.

I just had one shot in march and it ran out end of may since then ive had so many pregnancy symptoms............. but all tests are negative I am just being hopeful I think. evil drug

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->