TCC After Ectopic buddy needed

Lucy529

Proud Mommy
Reaction score
I began this thread because I needed a place where I could vent my frustrations on ttc after i had an ectopic pregnancy, little by little we got a group of us and it helped me throught that horrible time we now have some ladies that are about to have their little ones after an ectopic which give me hope every day that it can happen it might take a little longer but we will get there [-o<

If you find yourself here feel free to write what you are feeling we are all here to help and i hope that finding us fills you with hope like it did me. :hugs:

I had an ectopic pregnancy in August... I didn't need surgery luckily. I was given a shot of methotrexate to end the pregnancy.
I was instructed to wait either 3 months or 2 full cycles before I started trying. It's been a rough go, nothing is more devastating than losing your baby... no matter how early it was. I'm very very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I'm currently still in the TWW of our first cycle trying again (just ignore my ticker... it's not accurate right now). I don't know whats going on or what to expect... I've had BFN's for the past few days... but I didn't test today and AF was supposed to be here today... so who knows?

At any rate, I'd love to be your buddy!

thanks i wish you luck for a BFP i have my post op tomorrow so i will talk to my dr about when i can ttc again sorry tmi but DH and i have begun BD although i really don't think that i will get a bfp anytime soon but keep me posted on your test good luck am like you everything makes me wonder what is going on its nice to have someone to share with

Hello i also had to have an ectopic pregnancy removal 2months ago and i have servere endo. By the looks of things im expecting again! Just having some blood work done to see whats going on and ill get my results back on monday morning xx

Beccaaa congrats would you mind sharing if you tried anything different this time or what you did besides dtd lol at the moment i have decided that if God wants me to have a baby it's in his hand all am going to do is take better care of myself to make sure that am healthier keeping fx for you

Hi ladies!! I'm looking for a buddy as well. I went through surgery for an ectopic on Aug 09 of this year. Ended being ruptured so I lost my sweet baby and my left tube. We are just now starting to try again. But my cycle is sooooooo messed up. I'm 34yrs old (next month) and I have always had a text book cycle. So not sure what's going on. Anyways, I'd love to go through the TTC process with someone who has been through the same thing.

Hi again! Just thought I'd pop in and update... I'm still in my tww. I'm about 3 or 4 days late for AF and as of last night, still testing BFN. I'm still having lots of symptoms... and ALOT of watery cm, not sure what that's all about. :shrug:

I'm kinda down... I really wanted to conceive our first try after the ectopic, but I guess we don't always get what we want huh?

Ah well, best of luck to all of you... I'm sure we'll get our angel babies soon.

love3hope4 welcome its nice to know that there are other women out there that are ttc after an ectopic

colta have you tried testing with fmu instead of testing at night, i have always been told that you should test in the morning, why don't you try that good luck hugs to ya

afm for some odd reason i have been feeling weird for the last 2 days i cant explain it i think that it had to do that i finally grieved the loss of my baby i had not been able to i thought that for some reason since i never saw s/he on u/s i didn't need to grieve finally last night i just cried and it felt good to know that i did have a right to cry for the loss of my baby. i just needed to get that off my chest hope that i begin to feel better and move forward

https://lagf.lilypie.com/y6lam7.png

https://davf.daisypath.com/hASOm7.png

Thanks Lucy and I feel the same. I look forward to getting to know all of you and going through this new journey to getting our babies.

Colta this happened to me this cycle. About 2 days before my period was due, I had very watery CM. This and very slippery, egg white CM. And sure enough 13 days later, today, I started my period. This is what is driving me crazy. I have always had a 28 day cycle with ovulation on CD 14. Now I am having 42 day cycles with ovulation on day 28. I have a Dr's appt on Dec 6 to talk about this and TTC.

Hi
I had a ectopic and was treated with methotrexate on 5th and 11th Sept. Am hoping to ovulate next tuesday or so & it will be my 1st month TTC. My two cycles were 29 days with obvious ovulation pain around day14-15. (usually 28 days with O on day 14)

On my last cycle I got some light brown spotting when ovulating which I have never had before and then I got my period last wednesday night. Although it had stopped by sunday morning, I got some more dark brown bleeding today which has now stopped. I am thinking it is probably just old blood and my uterus/tube is 'clearing out'. Bit annoying though as it is new to me.

I think after surgery you are advised to wait just one normal cycle before TTC. It would be great to keep in touch with each other if we have all been in similiar situations just recently.

Annie

colta love3hope4 good luck with what is happening to you guys i think that i was so lucky that after my surgery i stopped bleeding 5 days later havent had anything wierd happen yet so i hope it stays that way.

annie 77 welcome i too hope that we all do stay connected it would be nice to have other women who have gone throght somethig similar to understand what we go through and to cheer each other on as we begin to ttc again

afm well today i thought that i would do an opk just for the fun of it since i bought some ic's and i wanted to see whether it showed anything and i got a faint line i know that its negative but from what i have read it's supposed to get darker am going to keep taking them to see what happens i'll keep you guys updated, fx that i ovulate or at least get af in the next 2 weeks that would be great

hey ladies hope that you are all well any thing new to report? or that you want to share

afm am comming down with a cold i think i have a runny nose and my i keep sneazing hate getting sick i had the flu shot this year hope it's nothing serious and then to top that off my back is acting up has been for the last few days but today is worse than any other day so am just laying around for awhile before i go to work this afternoon

hope you are all doing ok and have a great thursday

Hope you are feeling better soon :hugs:

I got great news today - my folic acid levels are 'fanatstically fab" according to the midwife at my surgery.

I asked the GP for a blood test to check folic acid levels were okay before TTC next week. Cut a long story short, I got no further than the receptionist and received a phone call from yet another receptionist to tell me that 'we do not routinely test folic acid, just take supplements for 3 mths prior to TTC'. Apparently the GP told her to say this and when I asked if the GP was aware I had been given methotrexate she replied she didnt know :shrug:

Anyway, I spoke to the midwife who works in the office next door and she offered to take my bloods instead - then and there. Not only did she test folic acid but also did a haemoglobin test too to make sure I wasn't anaemic. Tests came back today and my folic acid is on the higher side of normal but still within range. I am so happy - I just didn't want to risk getting pregnant whilst being low in folate - have had enough high risk pregnancies!

Time for bed :winkwink:

Annie 77 that is great news hope that all works out for you and you get your bfp soon

after i had my surgery i know that they did the anemic testing and it was fine but i don't know anything else about my other blood work although i have been tested the whole time before bfp for other things and i got my blood drawn so many times they always told me that it was all normal so it was great, tmrw i have a drs apt to check on some things i have had so much trouble sleeping so who knows what is going on

good luck to you i'll keep you in my prayers hope all works out for you hugs

Hi Lucy, Im almost just like your case...I just had a D&C, ectopic and cyst removal yesterday...

I'm so sorry for your loss!

My Dr told me that I could try again in 2-3 months. So I figure I could start trying in Jan-Feb..

decemberrose welcome and so sorry for your loss, did you get the laparascopy done or did they have to cut you open they did like a c section on me and it was not fun the only thing good is that they were able to save my tube it's the only one i have apperantly so am super nervous now abotu ttc. did you lose your tube? i hope not, it's so hard trying to cope with the fact that you lost your baby with out that on top of it

DH and i as you might have already read have thought about that but am set in my mind that am not going to be preg anytime soon so why should i wait so long, but that's me, i don't know whether i ever wrote on her about being told since i was 19 that i would not conceive so it't harder for me to accept that i have to wait so long and miss on opportunities especially since there is no guarantee that i will ovolate although i have been told that metformin helps with that, i guess am going to have to play it by ear but we are not officially ttc until about feb as well so i would love to have you as a buddy as well

again so sorry for your loss hugs to ya

I had the laparascopy. They went through the belly button. But, as I am looking they also made two incesions on my lower abdomen. They were able to save the tube as I caught it really early...

Here's a little more about me. I am 33 (34 in Dec) DH 35..My 1st pregnancy I miscarried, I then went on to have 3 boys 14, 6 & 3...DH and I really wanted to try for a girl, but either way a baby whether it be a boy or girl would be a blessing.From the moment we got our BFP I knew that something wasn't right and it wasn't. (I got BFP a week after period ended and my HCG levels were rising very slowly).

I will definately be praying for you..I know I am truly scared of trying again as I'm scared of a reaccurance.

I know it is very scary to try again, but we have to try...Many prayers and hugs for you!

all i can say is wow
with me i was told that i had a cyst on a friday and that it might have to be removed as i had had one on my right ovary and it would depend on the damage, that sunday i began to bleed and thought that it has ruptured which was devastating to me on monday i called my reg dr and she saw me right away on a fluke she did a pg test and it was pos, sent to get beta and u/s nothing was seen and i was told that it was to early wed went for my first prenatal apt and the bleeding got really heavy i knew then that something could not be right but i hoped that it might as i had a friend had bleeding in her early days, but no the OB told me i was having a m/c
all the going back and forth for three weeks until my betas got all wacky they would go up and then down and so she told me that i needed the d&c, nothing could be seen in my tube or uterus so there was a chance it was ectopic but i hoped that it was in the uterus and it was just tissue that they would remove, she did the d&c and found no fetal tissue she tried to do a lap but i had so much scar tissue from 1st surgery it was not possible so i have a nice pink scar across my lower ab again but she said she fixed some endo in there as well bc my uterus was stuck to abdomal wall along with some organs so i guess in a way she fixed somethings for me

i know what you mean about be it boy or girl i have always wanted boys but dh wants one of each at this point if GOD would bless me with one i would be happy two would be great as well but HE knows what he's doing i like to think that when it catches up to me and i get sad. so true about having to try again if not as i read on an other post we would have to deal with the decision in my case that i will not have kids, but i have faith that i will get a forever baby you will see you will too

will pray for you too and many many hugs

Hi everyone

I've been searching the internet for an ectopic support group and have found myself here :flower:.

Nearly 2 weeks ago, I had surgery for an 8 week ectopic pregnancy. I had laparoscopic surgery, including a laparatomy to remove my left tube, and also a D&C to remove a 2nd 'pseudo sac' that was in my uterus (which is apparently a 'trick' sac' with nothing in it).

I would love to count down to TTC with you ladies. I am just so impatient to get back on the TTC bandwagon again. And it's not being made any easier by my cousin announcing her pregnancy yesterday, and my sister starting to try.

About me (I can't do a signature until I have 5 posts!). I live in Australia. I'm 35, and am already blessed with 3 girls aged 7, 5 and 3.5. (decemberose I have the matching girl trio to your boys!). Felt so ectastic when I fell pregnant quickly with #4, but it wasn't to be. :nope:

My obstetrician told me to wait 4-6 weeks for my period to return, and then we can start trying again. I'm nearly 2 weeks post-op, so I have a little way to go yet. I'm thinking Jan/Feb for TTC again. I think a few of you may be in the same boat, so I'm very excited about the prospect of supporting you ladies through this journey, and having people who really understand the fear & trepidation associated with TTC after an ectopic. I have so many thoughts running through my head at the moment. How long is it going to take? Will I have another ectopic? Will I lose my other tube?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

pink ribbons welcome so sorry for your loss there are few of us here that are going to be ttc in jan or feb as well so it will def be nice to have some support from other ladies in the same boat we will all be on pins in needles when the time finally comes

welcome sorry that we had to meet this way but like i said before it's always nice to know that you are not alone i believe that we all have the same fears about our next preg the good thing we have each other hugs to you hope you are feeling ok although that is so hard to do at the moment i know again welcome and hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->