Tea

2 PG Tips per day. Have a toddler, couldn't live without my Tea!

I can't wait to drink tea again. I was off it for 2 months due to m/s but now I'm starting to want it again!
A cup of tea/day is fine to drink! :flower:

If you find Rooibos (red tea). Has no caffeine. It's imported from south Africa and tastes really nice. I think either Safeway or Coles sells it.
Thanks for that, i was thinking to myself i don't think i've ever seen decaf tea before... i will keep an eye out. :)

I get Tetley decaff I like it :) they sell it everywhere x

Since there are so many herbal teas to avoid---we can't have:

anise, catnip, chamomile, comfrey, ephedra (called ma huang in traditional Chinese medicine), European mistletoe, hibiscus, horehound, Labrador, lemongrass, licorice root, mugwort, pennyroyal, raspberry leaf, rosemary, sage, sassafras, stinging nettle leaf, vetiver, and yarrow.

and most herbal teas have at the LEAST hibiscus and/or chamomile...I have a cup of plain black tea. There is only 40-75mg caffeine in a cup of black tea, and we are alotted up to 200mg, so I would much rather have the 35% of our daily caffeine then to be drinking herbs that can cause miscarriage! :thumbup:

I will also have a cup of half caffinated coffee. Just not the same day as I have tea :haha:

most of those herbs probably are safe, the issue is with herbs is that they are not governed by the same regulations as pharmacuticals, noone ia allowed to tell you for definite that they're safe, i miss my chamomile tea it helped me sleep and i often think it a bit silly that we're so scared of certain things and not others that we know for a fact caffeine for example, are linked to miscarriage.

Oh i just read again, camomile is probably safe but some arent thats quite true, sorry. clarysage is a def nono too

what i have heard about the chamomile (and i think the hibiscus is the same) is that it relaxes our unterus to much and could cause it to not fully support the baby the way it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"