Teacher presents

Discussion in 'Santa's Grotto' started by jensonsmummy, Oct 10, 2013.

1. jensonsmummy

jensonsmummy Well-Known Member

Any one have any ideas for teacher presides, around £5 or so. Have two teachers and two toddler group leaders to get for :)

2. hel_5

hel_5 Well-Known Member

Stalking as I have no idea either xx

3. Bex84

Bex84 Well-Known Member

when I was teaching the most special gifts were stuff made by the kids, I stills have the cards and pictures the children made for me. You could always make some nice biscuits and wrap them in cellophane, or get your lo to make a special Christmas tree decoration. Or maybe buy one of those paint your own mug and do childs handprint of get them to paint it with a message written on it.

4. Bex84

Bex84 Well-Known Member

I know my mum a nursery nurse treasures a mug from one of the children she looked after with his photo on the side

5. comicwife

comicwife Proud mum of 4

I always wait till tesco are selling their Heros,celebration etc for £2 a box then I pop to Asda and buy bottles of wine in the 3for £10 as I have 3 teachers to buy for so basically works out at about a fiver per teacher :)

6. katnav

katnav Well-Known Member

As a teacher I always appreciated any present I got but the most treasured were a personalised Chrismas tree decoration, hand written and decorated recipe for something I had mentioned I loved to eat, two wrap pashmina things (you can get three for £10 in loads of places round here) as I was always seen with a scarf or wrap on during winter and a small beautiful material pen holder that had a picture and message from the child inside.

7. sweetlullaby

sweetlullaby Well-Known Member

I have no idea I think our LO's nursery discourages presents for teachers etc as it can get very expensive :shrug: Will have to wait and see I suppose lol

8. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

Thats a really good idea. Think I will do this too.

9. toptrump

toptrump Well-Known Member

As there are five teachers and assistants in Gabriella's nursery, I am going to get them each a small token present and was going to put together a hamper of new books for the nursery, what do you think? :flower:

10. sweetlullaby

sweetlullaby Well-Known Member

I think that's a lovely idea. I debated doing books hamper but LO's nurery has thousands and thousands of books (seen them in another room lol)

11. Kate&Lucas

Kate&Lucas & OH & Mush

I think I'll be making scented jar candles for the teachers at Lucas' nursery. I'll be making them anyway for colleagues/relatives so it shouldn't turn out too expensive. Plus I have like a bazillion jars to fill.

12. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

Think I'll get something like biscuits. Last year my son's playschool said no gifts please so that was easy! Year before I sent in a bottle of wine. I didn't get one for each leader as my mum said when she worked in a playgroup they divided all the presents out so e.g. each person got one wine, one tin biscuits, 2 boxes sweeties.

13. jensonsmummy

jensonsmummy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of maybe doing one of those word things tagxedo things in shape of an Apple if I can figure out how to resize for printing

14. bungle

bungle Mummy of 2 girls

Whatever you do, steer clear of the 'worlds best teacher' ornaments! Personally I'd go for something like wine or chocolates. I did receive a lovely mug from a child one year that they'd hand painted themselves and that was really sweet (and useful as I love tea!) but I'm personally not one for decorations and ornaments. I just don't have the space for them!