Teaching Assistant courses

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Hi

I've been thinking ahead to when my my youngest starts school next year and would like to look in to becoming a Teaching Assistant.

From what I've read about the job, no specific training is necessary however, I was wondering whether there were any courses that would be advantageous if I did ever apply for a TA job?

I think I would like to some sort if training for my own self confidence anyway. I've not worked in 6 years since having my first child so feel a bit scared about a change of career!

Any other advice would be great too:)

I'm doing the level 3 supporting teaching in school. I think it's one night per month at college . It requires you volunteer in school and I'm doing that 2 days a week ( it stated min 12 hours per week or 100 hours over the course period). You can do the course online too. It's also much cheaper online so think im going to now do this rather than wait til Sept to do the college course. I absolutely love the 2 days I do in school, I'm in with reception class! X

Thanks for replying. I need to try and arrange some childcare so perhaps I can help out in my son's class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->