Teaching baby to play by himself..

celine

Reaction score
I have heard that you cannot wpoil a newborn so at every wimper we have ran to my little boy, but now he is being a wee bit jmanipulative and sometimes cries/tantrams for no reason other than moodiness, in fact I cannot ever put him down. When i run to the loo i literally RUN and yell that Im coming from the loo.
Ive gone to mummy meets and Im the only mummy holding the baby, all the others put their babies down now and then but the sec i put him down he WILL scream.

Any tips?

That actually seems pretty normal to me. Hannah always wanted to be held at that age (for all her day time naps too). We rarely got to put her down, and could never leave her by herself, she always wanted one of us close by/interacting with her. She now sleeps on her own (and has for several months) and is more independent in play though she is still somewhat clingy and likes to have our attention.

He is still very young Celine ...TBH Lily as only started playing on her own this last wk and she is 12 wks now and even then 10 mins max b4 she crys ...I wouldnt worry maybe start by playying on floor with his toys with him and then he will learn its fun and maybe stay down looking at his toys for a little longer on his own each time :hugs: xx

He's way too young to be manipulative or moody. It sure feels that way sometimes though doesn't it! I have stop myself feeling frustrated when Ruby is asleep, but as soon as I get in the shower she wakes up and screams! It's just random.

Will he sit in a bouncer chair if he can see you? Sounds funny but I sometimes take Ruby to the toilet / shower / bath with me in her bouncer...

Tx everyone, youre all right, he is a bit younge still. I just thought perhaps I was doing something wrong but I think im doing ok :)He just needs his mommy and Im going to be there for him to help him be more secure in himself :)

I was going to say the same thing. I think he's too young. Do you have toys you hang across his crib? Or do you have a portable crib? I found what helped Rocco was toys to keep him occupied and being in a pack n play next to me while I was in the living room watching TV or cleaning etc. He learned very well to play on his own. Now I can put him down and he'll occupy himself until he falls asleep. Don't worry. It will happen for ya!

:hugs: Charlie was the same at that age too, i think it must be a stage they go through.

it was really hard but i had to leave him to cry sometimes especially when i was on my own with his daddy away in afhganistan, but it worked. i would just put Charlie on his play matt and he now loves his toys.

I also got some socks with bright bugs sewn onto them i think they are by Lamaze. U get the wrist bands too, they tought charlie to play with his feet, now hes never got them out of his mouth ha ha.

hope this helps

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back