TEAM BIG FAT ME to B-F-P!

Welcome, jkb11! You're in the right place. I'm low-carbin' it with ya. PCOS, gotta lose at least 25lbs before I can TTC again.

Welcome!!! YES PCOS sucks! I was diagnosed and lost 15 lbs was able to conceive, i know have my wonderful little lady!!!. Hardest part now is loosing the baby weight. I way more now then I have ever, which is really difficult to wrap my head around. Doesn't help when my husband is in perfect shape lol! But down a total from delivery 14 lbs. I had lost 22 lbs then gained 10 back and now down 2 this week. GRRRR lol

Welcome jkb11! Im low-carbin too, and we have a love-hate relationship lol - I LOVE that its the only thing that helps me lose the weight - But I HATE all the yummy things I need to cut out :haha:.

@kdea - Don't get too discouraged yet, I weigh in daily too (because I just can't help myself!) and some mornings I break even, or even have gained, but I seem to lose a big chunk a few days to a week afterwards. You might see a big drop soon :thumbup:

As for me, I have my best friend in town, wish it was for better circumstances though. So we are off to lunch today - I am going to to try and stick to something as healthy as possible, but I think because I dont know how long until I see her again I will have something yummier than a salad LOL. So I'm prepared for a bloat gain, and most likely no loss on my weigh in on Friday. As long as I jump right back on the wagon :winkwink:

thanks girls! Today i have done so - so i did great with my eating but never got around to walking b/c it was rainy here. i need to do double time tomorrow. i guess i should give y'all my stats for the front page..

goal to lose is 64 lb

thanks for all the support. u girls r awesome! i have been looking through y'alls numbers and you all have made great progress.

does anyone have any great new meal/ snack ideas for the low carb? i have found if i feel like i can not do it any longer the best thing to take care of my sweet tooth is take a sugar free pudding cup put it in a fancy glass dish and thinly slice 1-2 strawberrys in it and top with a tsp of whip cream. hope this helps someone to avoid the candybars and icecream:flower:

SOME HOW THE FANCY DISH MAKES THE Pudding taste so much better!lol

UPDATED!:)
Can i make a request?!?! :)

Now that theres more people here, telling their stories and repeating them and such its hard to follow when its an actual weight loss, and when its just telling people their past results! Is there anyway we can bold it? And say....
I LOST X POUNDS THIS WEEK FOR A TOTAL OF X!
or something like that lol.
AWESOME JOB SO FAR LADIES!!!

Sounds like a plan! I weigh in on Fridays (well thats my recording day :p)

morning gals! sounds like a plan will bold print it:winkwink: maybe it will make our numbers look like even bigger loses:haha: hope everyone is doing great today. i think tom. is going to be a big challenge. So girls I am 9dpo today and have gotten bfn's on the hpt's so far when/if AF comes then I think I might start metformin. My DR. already perscribed it for me but hubby didnt want me to take it if pregnant b/c so little research has been done. Have y'all had any luck with it?

morning gals! sounds like a plan will bold print it:winkwink: maybe it will make our numbers look like even bigger loses:haha: hope everyone is doing great today. i think tom. is going to be a big challenge. So girls I am 9dpo today and have gotten bfn's on the hpt's so far when/if AF comes then I think I might start metformin. My DR. already perscribed it for me but hubby didnt want me to take it if pregnant b/c so little research has been done. Have y'all had any luck with it?

I took metformin for my PCOS. It did nothing for my cycles, but it did help me lose weight. I have no idea if it helped me with getting pregnant, but I continued taking it until 15 weeks. It is relatively safe during pregnancy and generally recommended that you keep taking it for at least the first trimester of your pregnancy until your placenta takes over hormone production. A lot of women have had success with it regulating their cycles or even starting ovulation for women that don't ovulate on their own. I believe that there are no reported cases of issues with fetal development when taking metformin during pregnancy, but some doctors don't like you to take it because the long term effects are unknown.

Ive been taking Met. since last tuesday, i my last cycle (b4 met) was 51 days long, took met for 2 days and started af, (36 day cycle) I was elated!
Now... Symptoms...
SO far ive had cramping and diarrea... nothing that was over whelming and generally only happens if i dont eat with it... you need to eat half of your meal, take met, than eat the rest. drink a ton of water... Ive read so many things about ppl who have been LTTTC and got preg on met within like 4 months! Hell alot of ppl got preggo withing ONE month! but just know that doesnt happen for everyone! Im actually very hopeful
My doc actually gave me a choice.
1.) take the pill. it will get my cycles regulated.
2.)Clomid and get preggo
3.) Take met, lose weight, often regulates cycles, and you could get preggo.
I chose clomid obviously bc i was thinking... even if clomid gets me preggo NOW that will be more weight i have to loose later for baby number 2...

ON ANOTHER NOTE!
TMRW IS THANKSGIVING!!!
For the next couple of weeks im switching my calorie counter on MFP to maintain. I dont want to gain weight but I wont be able to stick to the cals for losing 2 pounds a week. I know its hokey but after the holidays Im back on full force... only problem is the gym is going to be PACKED... gahh. :(

can i join? Ive lost 2 stone in the last few months not that anybodys noticed lol!! I weighed 255lb and would love to get down to 200lb again ( i would like more but baby steps) Im not following any particular diet just smaller portions better options etc and i have been doing zumba once a week xx

Welcome baileybram and well done for a 2 stone loss! I'm sure people will begin to notice soon enough :hugs:

As for me I actually had an overall loss this week :happydance:
I lost 14oz this week, for a total loss of 21lbs 13oz! or for my reference 135.3kg. I hope I worked that out right :haha:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to hitting my first goal/s of 10kg (22lbs) lost, and hitting the 135kg mark!

Edited to add: Just realised after converting, I'm under the 300lbs mark - 298lbs 4oz! YAY! Feels good seeing the first number change - be it in kilograms or pounds lol.

I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm guessing I didn't lose anything. I went out for lunch today, and had a couple cheat foods this week.

But tomorrow I'm getting back into the groove!

How are we all going? I started a little exercise challenge with a group I talk to, kind of like the biggest loser - set ourselves one food and one exercise goal and will work out %'s lost after 4 weeks, will be interesting! Now if I could just shift this damn flu I would be fine LOL.

I lost 0.4 lb this week for a total of 2.6 lb

Soooo far to go! But, I'm glad it's going down at least and not the other way, especially after the holiday.

THAT'S GREAT PROGRESS TWINMUMMY & KDEA-

I'M BACK FROM OUT OF TOWN HOLIDAY VISITS SO TIME TO GET BACK DOWN TO BUSINESS. I GOT AF TODAY. SO DEFINITIVE BFN FOR THE MONTH. STARTING METFORMIN TODAY. WISH ME LUCK.
I lost 1 lb this week for a total of 1 lb.

THAT'S GREAT PROGRESS TWINMUMMY & KDEA-

I'M BACK FROM OUT OF TOWN HOLIDAY VISITS SO TIME TO GET BACK DOWN TO BUSINESS. I GOT AF TODAY. SO DEFINITIVE BFN FOR THE MONTH. STARTING METFORMIN TODAY. WISH ME LUCK.
I lost 1 lb this week for a total of 1 lb.

Good job and good luck with the met! Don't let side effects get you down too much. If you're having a lot of tummy issues, try cutting back on fat and carbs if you aren't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->