TEAM BIG FAT ME to B-F-P!

HELLLLLOOOOO LADIES! :D
Sorry ive been m.i.a. Thanksgiving is a busy busy time of year. Im back and im on my game...
So me and my scale(s) (i have 2) had an argumnet this morning. I weighed myself 6 times. 3 on each scale. My first scale i just purchased last month. It was like... $45 the second scale (which I was weighing myself on from the beginning of my weight loss) was $20
here are my weigh ins.
Scale 1/ 1.) 293 2.)293 3.)293.8
Scale 2/ 4.)289.8 5.)291 6.)290

GAHHHHH!!! WHAT DO I WEIGH?!?!?! Greens are a loss and the one red would mean a .5 gain :( what if I weigh myself 6 times every weigh in and then average it? IDK!!! someone help!!!

WE LOST A TOTAL OF 53.5 POUNDS!!!!:D

I think you should just stick with the original scale! Consistency is more important in measuring your weight loss than the actual number. Also, don't weigh more than once a day, you'll just torture yourself :0)

I agree with everything kdea said! The original scale would be your best bet.
My scale will also show different weights sometimes if I jump on a few times. I try to just jump on once so I don't frustrate myself :haha:

Sorry about AF jkb, but good luck for the metformin! Oh and well done on your loss this week :thumbup:

Just you remember you can fluctuate up to 5 pounds throughout the day! That's why they recommend the same time every time, and no more than once a week.

Each scale is also different, so make sure to use the same on every time :).

Antsynewlywed- I agree that consistency is better use the same scale and same time.

So I guess the metformin gave me a boost or else I was retaining fluid with the start of my cycle which i do sometimes do.... BUT I HAVE LOST ANOTHER 1.4 LBS. SO THATS A TOTAL OF 2.4LBS:happydance:

Thanks for the support girls!!!

Antsynewlywed- I agree that consistency is better use the same scale and same time.

So I guess the metformin gave me a boost or else I was retaining fluid with the start of my cycle which i do sometimes do.... BUT I HAVE LOST ANOTHER 1.4 LBS. SO THATS A TOTAL OF 2.4LBS:happydance:

Thanks for the support girls!!!

Congrats!

Congrats JKB! :D

Thanks for the advice ladies... It makes me wonder though bc i started my weight loss journey on scale 2, and it consistantly gives me lower #'s i prob weighed more when i started than i thought huh?

*also* how do i figure out what percentage of my weight i lost?

Congrats JKB! :D

Thanks for the advice ladies... It makes me wonder though bc i started my weight loss journey on scale 2, and it consistantly gives me lower #'s i prob weighed more when i started than i thought huh?

*also* how do i figure out what percentage of my weight i lost?

Take your total weight you've lost and divide it by the weight you started at. X that number by 100, and there you go.

So I found this girl's blog, and she is EXCELLENT.
Here

She is a bit younger than me, and she has totally changed her lifestyle. She has tons of tips and SO many recipes.

Her story just breaks my heart too. Her turning point was the saddest and cruellest thing I had ever heard.

SO I started the Couch to 5K plan today! It was a 30 minute treadmill workout, with intervals of 1 min running thrown into the walking. I was able to do every running interval :D! I felt like stopping so many times, but I just continued with it.

I also decided I want to run the Detroit Free Press Marathon next year on October 21. I don't know exactly how far it is, but it's pretty far lol. So I'm starting to train for it now. Hence the couch to 5K plan :).

SO I started the Couch to 5K plan today! It was a 30 minute treadmill workout, with intervals of 1 min running thrown into the walking. I was able to do every running interval :D! I felt like stopping so many times, but I just continued with it.

I also decided I want to run the Detroit Free Press Marathon next year on October 21. I don't know exactly how far it is, but it's pretty far lol. So I'm starting to train for it now. Hence the couch to 5K plan :).

Good job! I really am wanting to start C25k again. I used to run a lot in college and loved it! I think I'll be starting this after the holidays.

I lost 0.6lb this week for a total of 3.2lb

My dh and I are TTC and I've been told by a few different people that one of the reasons it's not happening yet is because I'm too over weight. I'm 5"3 and weigh around 160. I would love to get done to around 120, so around 40 pounds. But I read an article online that said women's weight is just a myth when TTC. I know not everything you read online is going to be correct too..lol

I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems TTC due to how much you weigh?

I think everyone is different. I know lots of obese people that can get pregnant very easily. But I personally believe my weight has something to do with my problems ttc.

My dh and I are TTC and I've been told by a few different people that one of the reasons it's not happening yet is because I'm too over weight. I'm 5"3 and weigh around 160. I would love to get done to around 120, so around 40 pounds. But I read an article online that said women's weight is just a myth when TTC. I know not everything you read online is going to be correct too..lol

I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems TTC due to how much you weigh?

I think that being overweight is usually a side effect of whatever else may be causing infertility. For instance, I have PCOS, which causes me to gain weight easily, have a hard time losing it, and also the effects on my hormones, etc. are lessened by losing weight. Being overweight can also cause you not to ovulate. Regardless, losing weight is good before getting pregnant because it lessens the chances of complications during pregnancy. Have you had fertility testing done? Hormone testing, checking for fibroids, blocked tubes, etc?

How is everyone doing?! My weight in day is Friday, and I'm anxious to see if I've lost anything!

How is everyone doing?! My weight in day is Friday, and I'm anxious to see if I've lost anything!

Do you do your weigh-ins weekly or monthly? I have never done any sort of weigh in before. I normally try to set a date for my weight loss goal, and since that isn't working for me I was wondering do you find it helpful or discouraging doing periodic weigh-ins? The reason I use the word discouraging is because I feel like if I didn't lose anything on my night to weigh in, I'd be upset. But I guess not losing anything is better than gaining..lol

Do you do your weigh-ins weekly or monthly? I have never done any sort of weigh in before. I normally try to set a date for my weight loss goal, and since that isn't working for me I was wondering do you find it helpful or discouraging doing periodic weigh-ins? The reason I use the word discouraging is because I feel like if I didn't lose anything on my night to weigh in, I'd be upset. But I guess not losing anything is better than gaining..lol

I weigh in weekly :). I find any more than that is way too often and doesn't help at all!

I didn't lose anything this week, but I figured I wouldn't. I haven't been eating the best things, so I'm sure that affected it.

BUT my running intervals have now increased to a whole song =).

I lost 1.6 lb this week for a total of 4.8 lb.

Congrats on upping your running to an entire song! I need to do that! lol.

Ive lost 3.1 pounds for a total of 18.4 :)

Im out of the 290's woot woot

KDEA- good going! your doing well!

Welcome Kay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back