team yellow and having a 4d scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Welsh mtb, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Welsh mtb

Welsh mtb Well-Known Member

Hi girls,

Just wondered if anybody has had a 4d scan and not known the sex of the baby, my parents are treating me and oh (and themselves!) to a 4d scan of our baby next week, it was a surprise and whilst i am thrilled I was wondering as we have chosen not to know the sex of our baby whether they will be able to avoid that area easily and maybe just concentrate on the face or with the scan being in such detail will it be glaringly obvious what sex the baby is?

any experiences would be appreciated.

thanks xx ( i will be 30 weeks preg )

2. Mrs HM

Mrs HM Well-Known Member

I did and we are still team yellow! I just told the lady doing the scan that we didn't want to know the gender and she stayed away from down 'there' the entire time. Our LO wouldn't play ball and had his/her hands covering her face the whole hour we were there, so we really weren't focused on anything other than getting a glimpse of his/her face!

Good luck with the scan, it really is amazing.

3. jessiebella86

jessiebella86 Well-Known Member

yep. you will definately be able stay team yellow. I had my 4d scan on weds and i asked the sonographer to check in 4d that she was definately a girl and she said its usually unlikely to tell on the 4d scan. She confirmed my bubs gender via the usual 2d scan.

I was 26 + 2 weeks and her whole body didnt fit into the scan view either so the 4d scan usually focuses on babies face xxxx

4. Welsh mtb

Welsh mtb Well-Known Member

Thank you for your replies ladies, I am so excited now!!! xx