Team Yellow

nflores77

Reaction score
How many of you are going to "try" and not find out the baby's gender until delivery.

This is my 3rd bundle of joy, hubby's 1st.
I don't want to know and he respects that but deep down he kind of wants to know... his reason... baby shower gifts! I told him that was not a good enough reason to know.. :haha:

At the U/S do I have to make it very clear to the techs that we don't want to know, and to the Dr. My friend didn't want to know and her Dr. the next appt as he walked in to the room he said congrats on your baby girl. They were furious. I don't want that to happen to me.

So what are your thoughts... finding out or waiting until delivery? :baby:

If I had the patience then I would love to wait until the baby was born. I always had the idea that my husband would tell me what the sex of the baby was once he/she was out, it would be the surprise of a lifetime and I always wanted to wait until the birth. My husband doesnt want to wait, he wants to be able to prepare everything before the baby is born. He wins, I know I will give in and want to know so badly. The only way we would wait until birth is if the baby is laying in a position that would not let us know!

Hubby can wait I think. I can't. I'm going to find out at the earliest possible opportunity :D

We're just not going to tell many people to avoid a ton of gender-specific toys in blue or pink. We have some friends and family we'll tell, but not everyone.

I am. We were team yellow with our first two. I think my husband wants to find out this last time, but I think I'm gonna wait. I think I would be disappointed if i found out ahead of time bc I love that moment at birth, and this is our last chance ever to experience that.

We are team yellow! This is our fourth baby. We've got tons of girl stuff from our DDs and we never got to use any of our things from our DS. So I feel like either way we will have enough to get us through those early days until some shopping can be done. Plus I'm so over all these gender reveal partys! LOL

The one thing my husband and I have agreed on is that shower gifts are the best reason to NOT find out. My sister just had her shower and it was bows and tutus galore! I don't want my family forcing gender expectations on my kid before he/she is even born.

However, we are still negotiating on whether we should find out in advance. My nurse knows because my genetic testing came back today. I'd like to know a little later on, but my husband wants to be surprised at birth.

We didn't find out first time around and I loved the surprise. Not going to find out this time either :) x

I want to wait but dh doesn't. On considering swearing him to secretcy where he is the only one who knows. Can't tell a single soul. I'm just worried cuz his mom is super annoying, super nosey, and can't keep her mouth shut to the point where if he told her I know she'd slip and say something to me.

However we'll be finding out the gender right before we fly home to my family for Christmas so I think it'd be fun for my parents and sisters and us to find out all at the same time...but I dunno yet. Have a couple months to decide yet.

I stayed team yellow with my first and it was amazing. Biggest and best surprise you can ever experience. Will be staying team yellow again. Dh is happy to go with what I want. But even if he wanted to find out I personally believe (no offence to others!) that I get the final say. Not knowing made a huge difference in my very long labour last time so I don't want that taken away from me.
I didn't have to worry about it being revealed by mistake because I went to a Chinese hospital and by law they aren't allowed to reveal the gender. This time I'm going to an expat one so might be harder.

With my other 2 I found out I just couldn't wait! Now that We have one of each we are staging team yellow and I want OH to tell me what we have got. Although OH saw DS was a boy last time on a scan I've told him not to say anything if he notices!

DS made me team yellow by not showing me what he was. My gut told me boy though. I hated it personally and it wasn't my favourite thing. They wouldn't tell me what sex he was until 10 minutes after he was born, due to it being a c-section they were all busy I guess.

DD I knew she was a girl from 6 weeks and even told my OH that he was going to have a girl and her name will be Hana, although it ended up as Erika, but close enough. We did find out just so I could say I told you so.

This time I'm really on the fence with this one. So I may not find out and wait for the surprise since it probably will be a surprise for me also.

I'm too impatient and although I love the idea of waiting and having a surprise I also love the idea of being organised too.
We found out with our first and expect we will find out this time too, although this will be our last time so this is our last chance for that surprise...!x

We wont be finding out. Team yellow all the way :yellow:

We didnt find out with the twins although knew they were identical so two girls or two boys.

I loved the moment they held the baby up and said congrats its a girl! :cloud9: promptly followed by congrats its another girl :haha:

I think there are so few mysteries left in the world... This is Gods greatest surprise! :cloud9:

We're staying team yellow this time.

With both the boys we found out at the scan and this time I know I want to keep it a surprise. It's our last baby so our last opportunity to find out at delivery.

We're staying team yellow this time, we found out with ds and even tho I was glad I did, I want a surprise this time, even tho I've got a very strong feeling I'm having another boy which I'm thrilled about xxx

I keep saying this to everyone at BnB and also anyone who lives overseas and asks me about finding out - I cant. I have to stay team yellow forcibly, as it is illegal here in India. But that's ok, I would probably not find out anyway :)

No chance. I'm rubbish at surprises, I'm impatient enough to find out at 20 weeks.

I can't stay team yellow. If I did, I would be extremely impatient for baby to arrive just so I could find out. I like giving the baby a name and just feeling like I already know about my baby. It helped me bond with my son before he arrived. Then, I felt very calm and patient at the end because the only thing I didn't know was what exactly he looked like.
But I have quite a few friends who have stayed team yellow every pregnancy, and they absolutely love it. I think it's just a personality thing. Those who stay team yellow seem to love being team yellow, and those of us who don't also love it. I have great respect for those who are team yellow because I feel you all have a lot more patience than I do.

I stayed team yellow last time and plan was dh to tell me - didn't quite work out that way as emcs and the anaesthetist told us. Staying yellow again this time x

My husband would love to find out I think but I am staying strong team yellow all the way! I stayed team yellow with ds and it was a wonderful surprise at the end of a tough labour ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->