Teen mums

Phoenix123

Reaction score
My name is Gemma Phoenix. I am a third year Anthropology student at Durham University. This research is for my dissertation entitled Teenage Pregnancy, a Positive Life Choice.

I am carrying out an anthropological study into the biological and social aspects of teenage pregnancy/parenthood. The social exclusion which often occurs during teenage parenthood could be avoided by educating the public, as well as, supporting the teenage parent. Negative perceptions of teenage parents often derive from the media, the government and miss represented statistics. Interestingly, teenage pregnancy, as a positive life choice is a neglected debatable topic. The objective of this study is to examine teenage pregnancy as a positive life choice, intending to shed light upon teenage parents from a constructive angle. The image which is portrayed of teenage parents today is less than desirable, has this taken away an individuals right to choice? Therefore, this study intends to shed light on successful teenage parents. Furthermore, to highlight the support that is needed to assist their success.

The methodology for this research will mainly be qualitative, which means speaking to people to get a true insight into life experiences. Quantative research will also be used to gain an insight into details such as average age of conception, resulting in statistical results.

I would be grateful if you would take the time to complete a short questionnaire in order to help with the statistical section of my dissertation. Hopefully your help will bring some interesting findings. If you are willing e mail me at the below address and i will send you a information sheet, consent form, as well as, the questionnaire.

Please be reassured your input will be confidential and you will be addressed as a letter if quotes are used within the study e.g. participant A. You are able to withdraw at any point within the compiling of this study without reason. You are welcome to read the final draft of this dissertation which will be ready in May 2011, I will gladly send you a copy via e mail, but will not be able to send hard copies due to the size of this work.

Please sign the consent form after reading this information sheet and before filling in the questionnaire

You are welcome to contact me anytime
[email protected]

Thank you for your participation

when you say teens what is the age you are looking for? I was 19 when I had my son and I am also in my 3rd year at uni doing my dissertation so would be pleased to help you, alternitively there is a forum aimed at teenage pregnancy/parenting that you might get more responses in :)

I'm 18, was 17 when I fell pregnant and now have a 6 month old. Can I help? x

I fell pregnant with my first at 14, and gave birth at 15, and had my second son at 17, would be more than happy to help out :)

Hi I fell pregnant aged 16. Had my son aged 17 and now I am studying my nursing degree at Hull university
xx

Hi I fell pregnant at 18 and would be willing to help :D x

Hey, I fell pregnant on my 1st son at 15 after and gave birth to him 2 weeks after my 16th birthday, the day before my gcse's stated! I then fell pregnant on my daughter at 17, and had her at 18, and fell pregnant again on my 2nd son at 19 and had him at 20. I would be more than happy to help you out!

Thanks Girls for taking the time to reply to my post, all those that would like me to forward the information on e mail me at [email protected]

Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->