Teens and drugs?

2nd time mum

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this section having been in baby sections before.

My son is at school with a workmates son who used to be friendly and hang around together. I only found out yesterday from my son that the workmates son is getting into drugs now. My son is staying away from that now and isn't going out at all so hopefully he will stay that way.

Anyway the girl I work with can be quite "not my kids" kinda attitude and I am wondering whether I should say something to her or just leave it. I really don't know what to do for the best but as a mum know that I would want to know if it was my son. What would you do?

Thanks in advance xx:dohh:

it does put you in a difficult position... as a mum i would like to know if my child was doing this sort of thing, so from a mums point of view yes i would tell her, but on the other hand could it back fire on you?. i think you should tell her that you have heard a rumer that the 'gang' he hangs around with are starting to experiment with things and you thought it would only be right as a mum to tell her so she could advise her son about it. so then yu sre not directly telling her her son is doing it. and from there she con take it where she feels is right.

but well done to your son for steering clear :)

I wouldnt get involved , at the end of the day its not really your buisness.

Hopefully her son will drop the drugs or will tell someone and maybe get some help

It's a tough one.

Chances are though, she will find out on her own very soon if she has her eyes opened to it.

This topic actually makes me sick right now. Two teenagers I know that I never thought would do it, have. Scares me so much for when my kids get older. :(

Thanks for that ladies. Drugs are just a bloody awful thing. When I was growing up I had an aunty who got involved in strong drugs and that scared me enough never to try it because we have seen the mess she is now and the mess it has made of not only her life, but her kids and entire family. It is amazing now that I am 'older' the amount of sensible people I was at school with who later in life decided to go down that road. Thank god I was scared and the way I educated my son hopefully that is what I have done there too.

Thanks again xx

this may be a controversial thing to say, but as me and OH were recreational drug users frequently before i got pregnant (myself more heavily than OH) i dont know whether i would feel right to tell my son not to do it when he got to being a teenager, i dont think anything you say to them would really make a difference when it comes down to it, by that time they have minds of their own and if they want then they will, no amount of information will really stop them,
luckily myself and most of my friends have stopped all that, settled down, have houses/jobs/familys etc, but then i have a few friends whose life now revolves around drugs, i think teenagers will be teenagers at the end of the day and i dont think i would have a huge problem if my son had tried various things, i think its part of growing up to be honest, and id hope i can bring him up in a way where he knows when to stop before he gets too deep, (dont get me wrong im not condoning drug taking)
if i was the childs mother i would want to know yes, i always told my mum if id done things and hope my son will be as open with me, id rather know what he was doing even if i didnt like it, and i know my own mum is very against drugs and always taught us about how we shouldnt do it, but i think shed rather know what i was doing than be completly oblivious xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->