Teetering on the edge...

PerthLady91

Mummy of two and TTC
Reaction score
Hello to all you lovely third trimester ladies! I'm a few days shy of 27 weeks so technically still a second-tri member but thought I'd say hello and request the advice of you experienced ones ;)

So... my background... I am due in July 2013 with a little boy - to be named Harvey :) My husband and I had a miscarriage last July at 6 weeks so had a shaky start to this pregnancy but all has been good - relatively! I had a horrific first trimester with terrible sickness, bed rest for 4 weeks when signed off work, only managed fluids and no food and so far have only gained back half the weight I lost! Once I hit 16-18 weeks everything started calming down thankfully and felt my first movements at 20 weeks the night before my scan :) We have already decorated our nursery and spent FAR too much money - mostly on gorgeous little vests and sleepsuits (woopsies! :blush: ) and have had lots of help and support from friends and family. :D

Generally I haven't really been too worried at all about any symptoms throughout my pregnancy as most I was prepared for when reading books so twinges, aches and pains, discharge, itchy stomach, etc have all been relatively carefree for me. However, there are a few little symptoms I am unsure of just how "normal" they are...

1. I have had a lot of colostrum leaking from both breasts ever since around 20 weeks on a regular basis - all the books suggest this MIGHT happen near the end (30+ weeks) and it doesn't appear to suggest it be quite this much. I know it's obviously a good sign there is something happening there as I intend on breastfeeding exclusively after baby is born but not sure if it's maybe too much at the moment?

2. I get a really strange feeling in my right thigh all the time - it's always really cold and tingly on the top of the skin and feels quite drafty and if I prod at the leg or try to rub the skin for heat, I have limited feeling and just generally feel really numb. This has been pretty constant for almost 2 weeks now!

3. Is there such a thing as too much movement in baby? For the second time this morning in the past week he has been wriggling about like mad constantly (so far for 2 hours - constant!). Again, I know movement is a really good sign and I love it but can there ever be too much movement or bad movement?

Lastly, any general advice for last trimester, emotionally coping, birth...? I tried to do my birth plan last night with hubby (who is not the best at being actively involved ;)) and found there was a lot I wasn't too sure about what I wanted!!

All advice/opinions/warnings accepted! Gimme everything ;)

Thanks ladies xx

Colostrum is normal... my friend at 20 weeks was weeping every time a baby cried and she was pretty flat so people thought she alteady had her baby lol

Movement is great and they can go absokutely nuts. .. its totally normal and just watch for changes in their routine or if theyre quiet forlong periods out of ccharacter. ...right thigh thing I dunno so sorry cant help but maybe ask your me at next appt...

I thought 3rd tri would go slow... especially reading all the labour stories early on ... but its going pretty quick... strap yourself in and enjoy the ride :)

Hello!!
The leaking is normal (unfortunately) and there are ladies who already need breast pads before baby is even born :)
The numb feeling....dunno really. Could it be baby blocking a nerve somewhere? I'd check next time you see the midwife.
Movement wise, my baby has been going absolutely mental since yesterday. It was so uncomfortable and my bump was swinging from left to right. I'm pretty sure it's normal but I'm seeing the midwife later so I will check.

As for third tri. Just try and enjoy it. I find its going really quick! With your birth plan, just write down the first thing that comes up in your head. I wrote a birth plan with my first and it never came out of my bag as I was induced and it all went different.
Now I'm hoping for a water birth, but I might be induced again. Pain wise, see how you get on during labour. Nobody can tell you what it feels like so my advise is, take it as it comes. I only had gas & air but I was fine with that. I also didn't want any intervention, but then babies heartbeat started dropping during pushing and they wanted to do an episiotomy. I was absolutely fine with it as babies health was all that mattered to me! X

Thanks ladies! :)

I am looking forward to the third tri and can't wait for baby to be born (I'm already a little impatient! Lol) and, as much as I am set on a water birth, I am pretty happy to just see how things go I think :) It's all so exciting :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->