Teeth aches

pinkleapord

Reaction score
Hi there ladies has anyone else had teethaches? its only started over last 2 nights and only at night. an older lady friend said its the baby straining all my calcium.... Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced teeth problems during pregnancy?

Past couple of days my gums have been bleeding very slightly when I brush. I'm an obsessive tooth brusher though, so I'm trying to cut down the amount I do it.

I've been told it happens in pregnancy though. Going to visit my dentist and have it checked out!

I've been having that for a while now, in particular when i walk down the stairs? Feels like they're dropping out but if i try and wiggle them they wont budge, very bizarre XD

I just had quite a bit of dental work done. My dentist says that tooth & gum problems are very common during pregnancy and you should try to get things checked out at least once while you're pregnant and then again after you deliver.

There's an old saying that you lose a tooth for every child you have.

I am a dental hygienist - so I love these question! lol

It is a myth that the baby takes your calcium away, however you do need more calcium during pregnancy, so make sure you are getting that extra. Also, regular dental visits are very important during pregnancy - it is important for the dental hygienist to clean under your gums because the bacteria that stay under the gums can be harmful for the baby. And at your routine dental visits, the dentist will check for any cavities or problems, and probably give you a fluoride supplement to help strengthen your teeth. Make sure you are brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste (most toothpastes have fluoride in them), and rinsing with a fluoride rinse. Also, in some cases oral hygiene is hard for the pregnant mom because of increased gagging reflexes (in my case). So getting your routine dental care will help prevent any issues.

As far as bleeding gums - do NOT stop brushing them like you do! You probably have pregnancy gingivitis, which is common in pregnant women due to increase hormones and blood flow. It is not harmful, but if you stop brushing as well it will get worse and can lead to infections that can be harmful to the baby. See your dentist regularly to get a routine cleaning, and just keep up your good oral care :flower:

Thank you so much ladies for your responses...... kinda glad to know im not the only one lol as i'm a freak when it comes to my teeth and cleaning as ive had dental work since i was 2. in and out of hosp all time

hey hun i am suffering bad with my gums they bleed a hell of a lot when i brush them been going to the scary dentist x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->