Teeth and crawling - lack of

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Carolyn, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn Well-Known Member

ok, this has probably been posted LOADS of times, but i did a quick search and didn't see anything that will help me....so....

teeth, she's just 8 months. she doesn;t dribble, she chews things alot though. it looks like the entire stretch of her lower gum is whitish?! as if teeth are there and ready to spring out. they feel harder than the top gum, although not sharp. we have had no 'teething' tantrums as it were. is 8 months late not to have any teeth?

crawling..she sits well and rocks fast and strongly! she launches herself to the side and forward frequently as if 'she wants to go'. when she gets down, she just flops. her legs can kick like mad and look like they're going into 'crawl' positin but her arms arms are out at the side!! then she'll put her arms into position and her feet will stop. it's very frustrating (for me! lol) she doesnt roll onto her front or back. she hates tummy time. is this normal?

i don;t normally worry about things like this, well i'm not worried. i'm just sick of EVERYONE ALWAYS ASKING 'is she crawling yet' 'has she got any teeth yet'....arghhhh

2. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

my daughter never cut any teeth until 8/9 months and then there was no stopping them, and she did that rocking thing and didn't crawl until 11 months and then got so good at it that she refused to try walking.

try not to worry too much, all kids do these things at different times :)

3. aj2000

aj2000 Well-Known Member

Sounds all ok to me hun - bless her :hug:

I have a few friends with babies around the same age and they all differ so much in what they can do it's amazing.

People ask me the same things about Thomas - who is 7 months. Bet when they ARE crawling we'll be running round so much we'll miss these days ha ha

4. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Sounds normal to me, some babies teeth and crawl later than others. The infamous white line! Sounds like you will have teeth come through soon. Hannah had that line for about a month before we felt anything sharp. Even after we felt the sharp points it took another 2--3 weeks for the teeth come through properly, she's just a slow slow teether

5. NicolaT

NicolaT Mother of three

all sounds normal to me, none of mine crawled early, my 3rd baby is 10 months and not crawling and not interested in it! He does have 2 teeth but like everyhting all babies develop at different times and your little one sounds to be doing just fine. Dont be too hasty for them to crawl its a bloody nightmare when they do !!!!

6. MaryJ

MaryJ Mom of 1 soon to be 2!

Some baby's don't get teeth until 12 months old so I wouldn't worry too much there. And I believe the average age for crawling is 7-9 months so you still have a little while to go there too. Also, some babies just never do crawl - they just go straight to walking.

7. oOKayOo

oOKayOo Well-Known Member

Sounds perfectly fine my luv!
    Seriosly babies are all so different there is no right time for them to start :)

Your LO is doing brilliantly ;)

8. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

Jack never got any teeth till he was 8 months.

As for crawling it will happen in time x

:D

9. Carolyn

thank you for all of your lovely replies. shes been practising alllllllll afternoon bless her. she's so close. i'm glad i'm on easter break because i wouldn't want to miss this! she's like a step closer every day, learning something new...thanks :cloud9::hug:

10. lcside

lcside Mummy to Erin

Erin has no teeth, has never rolled over and can't crawl but she is such a happy, quiet, contented baby who feeds well and sleeps brilliantly - a little angel. I'm sure it will come in time. xx

11. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

Erin and Abigail sound like my Mark!

My dad says the later they get their teeth the healthier the teeth are, so I'm hoping that's right.

12. emma_27

emma_27 Well-Known Member

Benn didnt get teeth until he was 10months i wouldnt worry to much a friend of mines LO didnt get any teeth until she was 12 months and they all came so quick after that.

13. bev309

bev309 Well-Known Member

Jack is nearly 11 1/2 mths & he has just cut his 1st tooth, which is a top one unusually!! He only started crawling at 10 mths & now he's started there's no stopping him!!! He is climbing up on everything, cruising & dancing:rofl::rofl:

14. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

My friends little girl is a day younger then Paige and has no teeth:)
    Try not to worry x

15. Whisper

Whisper Mummy to DD & DS

Carolyn it seems Abigail and Amelia are doing the same thing! or not doing!! lol

I figure it will just happen when she is ready, although it is frustrating when everyone asks that questions and then they go "oh" like there is something wrong with them.

I guess our kids are just natures observers and when they decide to do something they will do it in their own time.

xx

16. Carolyn

thank you! you all have made me feel much better! thanks...

17. doumauk

doumauk mama to salim,expecting

There is 10 days difference between our babies and salim also doesnt have any teeth although all the symptoms of teething have been around for months lol. I didnt get my teeth until 13 months and I got 2 together. He hates tummy time but when hes in the mood he tries. He goes backwards or around in circles lol. I crawled at 5 months and walking by 9 so I was worried about him but they are all different. Salim is tiny length ways like me lol so I think that could be why. He could pass for an advanced 4 month old just by looking at him. Try not to worry hun x