Teeth!

natalieee

Isabelle Louise 04/07/11
Reaction score
I know in pregnancy your gums are supost to be more sensative, just wondered if anyone has exerienced this? I havent really, had no bleeding gums, but since yesterday i have had tooth ache on one of my bottom teeth and there seems to be a bigger gap between my teeth, so i just googled and freaked myself out with lots of gum disease pictures! Not nice!! I already have a teeth falling out fear after knocking one out when i was younger and having to have it put back in =[ and i have constant teeth dreams =[ think i need a trip to the dentist!!:shrug:

I haven't had any problems, but then last night I woke up with what seemed to be a bigger gap in between my teeth and my gums were swollen around that spot. It hurt and was so annoying. This morning I used orajel mouthwash, so we'll see if that helps.

i dont think i have swollen gums but it hurts =[ ive tried mouthwash too!

Yea I have. Some days its not too bad. But this last week everytime I brush them my top gum seems to bleed quite abit and I have swollen gum up top underneath two front teeth. And also when I floss they sometimes bleed on bottom right.
Its really horrible and even though I brush twice a day I have this horrible taste in my mouth.
My dad said that my nan experienced this with one of her boys when pregnant and apparently the baby takes all calcium from you - and some of her teeth fell out because of this.
I really need to go for a check up - but havent at this time got a dentist ;/

Just rememeber that it's very normal. In fact, more than 50% of pregnant women experience changes and problems with their mouths. I think I just caught a bit of gingivitis, so the Orajel should help me.

Just make sure you're getting loads of calcium and brushing/flossing. I think I need to floss more. I am lazy about it.

my gums bleed, are receeding and teeth are sooooo sensitive! corsydl is good? :) x

Pregnancy is notorious for causing tooth issues for some women, my mom had never had a single cavity or been to the dentist for anything besides a cleaning until she got pregnant, then her teeth were cracking/breaking etc like crazy - something to do with the baby stealing your calcium, and I think in some cases it means you're not getting enough calcium for both of you ( don't quote me on that but it seems to make sense)

It's nothing to do with you or baby not getting enough calcium, its just one of the joys of the body changing during pregnancy. I have been drinking pints of cold milk everyday and i still have had problems.
I have a patch on my top gums which has been really swollen for months and occassionally will bleed for a while, and sometimes it'll bleed at night. I had it checked out at my dentist, and he said they were fine it wasnt gum disease or anything.
Apparently it all should go back to normal once bubz is out and you body re-adjusts to it just being your body. :haha:

It's really common to have problems, that's why your dental treatment is free during pregnancy and for a year afterwards. I had a dental appointment at 12 weeks and then again last week- just my usual 6 months check ups and my dentist was actually surprised and delighted that my teeth looked so good! He sees a lot of problems!
I would def make a wee appt girls! :) xx

funny you mention last friday i woke up with a huge chunk of dry blood on my gums above my two front teeth, i think it had been bleeding all night because it was in my water glass too! i've had a few tooth aches here and there as well but they never lasted long

I have been having bad issues with my gums, it has improved now i have been using cordesyl (sp lol) but at one point i couldnt even brush my teeth it was so painful on my gums

i now have a routine of:

am brush and mouthwash with listerine - to help plaque problem
11am slight brush and mouthwash with cord
4pm sligh brush and mouthwash with listerine
pm brush and mouthwash with cord

it has almost gotten my gums to a point where i can brush close to them again without them bleeding too much - oh yes and have a thing for full fat milk at the mo so i suppose thats good for them too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->