Teething and lack of sleep

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by smartie, Oct 7, 2008.

1. smartie

smartie 1 Prince, 1 Princess

Hannah's first tooth has just broken through her gums and for almost the last week she has slept for no longer than 2 hours at a time throughout the night - I'm knackered!

Along with the pain of teething she seems to get a cold at night and we can hear her struggling with all the phlegm at the back of her throat - she has had to sleep on her side as every time she goes on her back in her cot she instantly wakes up and screams. When she does waken, I put her up on my shoulder for a few mins and she drifts back off again, its like she just need to move the phlegm and then shes out again (well for another 2 hours!). I tok her to the docs last Fri just to make sure her chest is clear, which it was.

I feel really sorry for her but am unsure if there's anything I can do for her that I havent alreay tried? Shes had nurofen, teething gel, vapour rub on her chest, I've taken her into the bathroom with me when I've had a shower hoping that the steam will clear the phlegm.

How long does this stage normally last?

2. bisbis

bisbis Well-Known Member

:hugs: i dont knoe how long it lasts but i hope Hannah getts better soon....i'm really not looking forward to this.

3. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

not sure how long honey, hope she feels better soon, big :hug:

4. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

The steam thing is really good,I've heard it helps loads!

As for the teething,I really don't know how much it lasts...just try some cold carrots,they supposedly help...anything cold should help. :dohh:

:hug: