• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Teething and lack of sleep

smartie

1 Prince, 1 Princess
Reaction score
Hannah's first tooth has just broken through her gums and for almost the last week she has slept for no longer than 2 hours at a time throughout the night - I'm knackered!

Along with the pain of teething she seems to get a cold at night and we can hear her struggling with all the phlegm at the back of her throat - she has had to sleep on her side as every time she goes on her back in her cot she instantly wakes up and screams. When she does waken, I put her up on my shoulder for a few mins and she drifts back off again, its like she just need to move the phlegm and then shes out again (well for another 2 hours!). I tok her to the docs last Fri just to make sure her chest is clear, which it was.

I feel really sorry for her but am unsure if there's anything I can do for her that I havent alreay tried? Shes had nurofen, teething gel, vapour rub on her chest, I've taken her into the bathroom with me when I've had a shower hoping that the steam will clear the phlegm.

How long does this stage normally last?

:hugs: i dont knoe how long it lasts but i hope Hannah getts better soon....i'm really not looking forward to this.

not sure how long honey, hope she feels better soon, big :hug:

The steam thing is really good,I've heard it helps loads!

As for the teething,I really don't know how much it lasts...just try some cold carrots,they supposedly help...anything cold should help. :dohh:

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"