Teething at two months

Mum2BeJodi

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
For a few weeks my LO has been constant slobbering and rubbing her tongue on her gums. I think she is teething. Yesterday she cried on and off. We rubbed her gums and she stopped and was bitting down on our fingers. She wouldn't take her dummy and didn't want teething toys. I rubbbed her dummy on her gums and it settled her.

Do babies normally start so young? If your baby started young when did they get their first tooth through?

Yep, Holly started teething at about 6/7 weeks. She is 11 weeks now and no sign of any teeth, though it can take months for them to come through!!

Daisy started to show signs of teething around 7 weeks. She didn't get any teeth til 7 months :lol:

I read that lots of slobbering etc isn't always a sign of teething, its because at that age they start to produce saliva and don't know what to do with it i.e. swallow it, so it comes out of their mouth!

I read that lots of slobbering etc isn't always a sign of teething, its because at that age they start to produce saliva and don't know what to do with it i.e. swallow it, so it comes out of their mouth!

Same here.

My LO is 12 weeks. She slobbers a lot! Mainly when she's concentrating on something, like tummy time. She also grabs our fingers, rams them in her mouth and rubs them around her gums. I think she's just exploring.

I asked the HV as Evan has been putting his fists in his mouth and dribbling loads. She said it could be teething as the teeth move around in the gums causing discomfort way before they cut through. It was more likely that he has found his hands and his instinct is to put them in his gob which in turn causes more saliva.

So deffo not unheard of. You can use bonjela or dentinox gel and teething powders (nelsons or ashtons and parsons)

Definitely not too soon to start teething. Gabriel started teething at 2 months as well. I'm hoping to see the first tooth sometime in the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"