Teething at two months

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Mum2BeJodi, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mum2BeJodi

Mum2BeJodi Proud Mummy

For a few weeks my LO has been constant slobbering and rubbing her tongue on her gums. I think she is teething. Yesterday she cried on and off. We rubbed her gums and she stopped and was bitting down on our fingers. She wouldn't take her dummy and didn't want teething toys. I rubbbed her dummy on her gums and it settled her.

Do babies normally start so young? If your baby started young when did they get their first tooth through?

2. Mrs Mayhem

Mrs Mayhem Guest

Yep, Holly started teething at about 6/7 weeks. She is 11 weeks now and no sign of any teeth, though it can take months for them to come through!!

3. Windmills

Windmills Well-Known Member

Daisy started to show signs of teething around 7 weeks. She didn't get any teeth til 7 months :lol:

4. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

My LO started at 12 weeks!

5. thesmiths88

thesmiths88 Well-Known Member

I read that lots of slobbering etc isn't always a sign of teething, its because at that age they start to produce saliva and don't know what to do with it i.e. swallow it, so it comes out of their mouth!

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Guest

Same here.

My LO is 12 weeks. She slobbers a lot! Mainly when she's concentrating on something, like tummy time. She also grabs our fingers, rams them in her mouth and rubs them around her gums. I think she's just exploring.

7. anna matronic

anna matronic Mummy to Evan :-)

I asked the HV as Evan has been putting his fists in his mouth and dribbling loads. She said it could be teething as the teeth move around in the gums causing discomfort way before they cut through. It was more likely that he has found his hands and his instinct is to put them in his gob which in turn causes more saliva.

So deffo not unheard of. You can use bonjela or dentinox gel and teething powders (nelsons or ashtons and parsons)

8. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Definitely not too soon to start teething. Gabriel started teething at 2 months as well. I'm hoping to see the first tooth sometime in the next few weeks.

9. mystika802

mystika802 Well-Known Member

Charlie drools and chews his hands non stop