Teething, how did you know?!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by babypowder, Jun 1, 2011.

1. babypowder

babypowder Well-Known Member

Hello!

My LO is chewing his thumb, fist, me, anything he can get hold of and is dribbling lots. How do I know if this is teething or not? He is only 15 weeks x

2. pupsicle

pupsicle Mummy to a daughter

My little girls doing the same thing, but she's not grizzly, her cheeks aren't swollen so she's not teething. Apparently at this age they start to produce more saliva and discover they can put things in their mouths.

3. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

I think all the things you said, plus being grizzly/clingy and having red puffy cheeks.

My LO has all of those "symptoms" every now and then, I guess that's when her teeth are moving a little in her gums but it's not consistent.

4. kes_a

kes_a Well-Known Member

My LO is the same and showing all teething signs,his been so grumpy the last few days to and its mentally wearing me down. i havent a clue if his teething or not.i keep saying his to young to be but eveyone else keeps telling me its possible he is.god knows.

5. mumoffive

mumoffive Well-Known Member

Signs of teething:

Chewing hands
    Dribbling
    Nappy rash
    Runny poos [ caused by excess saliva in the stomach]
    Red cheek
    Sometimes can go off milk or seem reluctant to feed.

All babies are different and do not get them all. Mine rarely had a 'red cheek'

6. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

Thanks mumoffive.

I'm wondering if this is why my LO has been off her milk the past couple of days. She has all the other symptoms ! Her nappy rash is really bad at the mo poor thing :(

7. mumoffive

mumoffive Well-Known Member

Yes it could well be. My dd would struggle with her bottle. You could try putting on calgel or some other teething gel and then giving her a feed. You may find thats all that it needs. x

8. babypowder

babypowder Well-Known Member

Thank you, my LO has had nasty nappies too so maybe he is teething. Definitely not off his food though, if anything it's the opposite! Maybe just a growth spurt though he had red cheeks today. I'll just keep an eye on it :) x