teething....how often do you give pain relief?

makeithappen

Reaction score
my DD is 7 months and this week has been like hell with teething, her first tooth is breaking through, you can see the tip and feel it with your finger.....how long will it take to come right up?

Anyway shes been sooooooooooooo off form, moaning and crying all day practically. I hate just dishing out calpol/nurofen all the time and have been trying to keep it just for bedtime. Should i be giving it all day too, like every 4 hours or so? shes also had really really runny nappies! she wont take water for me but has taken her bottle today but no solids!

any advice welcome!

i mostly use teething powders during the day,but if he is really unsettled and obviously in pain i will give calpol.as long as u are sticking to the recomended guidelines u will be fine.

I dont like dishing it out either but if she doesnt get it life is very hard for the both of us! Lil' has her fifth tooth coming through now, so for the last three days she has had calpol three times a day and calprofen three times a day.

I cant keep on top of it otherwise.

I think you will be fine as long as you sick with the guidelines:hugs:

thanks girls! starting tomorrow i will be giving it during the day! i cant watch her suffer and i feel like running for the hills myself! its been one hard week!

I've been giving calpol or nurofen each night for past week or so is this ok? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"