Teething Nightmare! Help!?

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
Hi my LO has started to Teethe. He has been like this for the passed 2 weeks or so but it is progressively getting worse.
I use Dentinox gel which is ok. My Mum bought him some teethers but he cant grip them so i have to hold them in his mouth.
He would rather use his hands but he gets worked up and cries...alot!
Its mainly worse after a feed, it seems like he wants to suck something or snuggle. He wont use a dummy either. I have one of those soft toys with the rag on the end, he likes to snuggle into that.
Anyone got any tips or advice, its getting difficult to put him down at night now!
Thanks

We use Calgel which is great! Also I would highly reccomend Nelsons Teeth Granuals (u can get both these in boots)

If its really bad we give LO half a dose of calpol before bed else she struggles going off to sleep as shes so sore. Does the job.

We also use an amber teething necklace which we got from amazon. Ive heard a lot of good stuff about these but cant say either way as we havent really used it much yet.

Hope ur LO is better soon, teething is a nightmare!

I have Calpol but i dont want to 'just' use it for the pain, if he had a high temp along with it then i would but i dont want him to rely so much on Calpol yet.

we hv this problem too... im not sure how frivilously to use calpol??? harrys sleep patterns hv changed & he wants his dummy more than ever....he never used to have a dummy at night.... so anyway im interested in what people suggest too!!!??

Alfie just wears an amber necklace, he's an absolutle nightmare without it. i've never has to use anything else.

We had an amber teething necklace and weren't sure how much it was working until we lost it and she has been a nightmare without it and can't sleep without some calpol so I have ordered another one which should be here soon. I would definitely recommend one!

we hv this problem too... im not sure how frivilously to use calpol??? harrys sleep patterns hv changed & he wants his dummy more than ever....he never used to have a dummy at night.... so anyway im interested in what people suggest too!!!??

We are going through excactly the same thing with our Harry! He was doing so well and sleeping from 8.30pm - 4.30am then having a feed and going back down till 7.30am but now he is waking 4/5 times for his dummy! Worse than when he was a new born. Hope it dont last too long x

hmm i'll hv to google the teething necklace... can babies use them as young as two months?? or are they more for older babes??

My LO was aweful when he first started teething..He slept from 11pm until 6am from 11 weeks I was so lucky..Then he started teething it was like back to square one!

I tried absolutely everything..The calgel..Baby bonjela..Dentinox..

The best things I ever had were liquid ambesol (I thought it wasn't suitable for baby but I checked with GP and pharmacy and they both said it's perfectly fine) and because it's an anaesthetic it numbs it so it's not hurting him and its a liquid not gel so it's easy to put on works fast and doesn't slide off like the gel does.

And the Ashton and Parsons teething powder which was a herbal product you just put on their tongue..I used to use it before bed and since I used them he's never had a trouble cutting any of his teeth.

Would recommend them to anyone :)

Alfie just wears an amber necklace, he's an absolutle nightmare without it. i've never has to use anything else.

Do you know which one you got? Some of them on the websites look sharp so im confused, also do you keep it round his neck all the time? I have seen that they do anklets or bracelets, do you think the necklaces are better as closer to where the pain is? sorry for all questions.

x

This might be a stupid question... Do they put the necklace in their mouth?!
xx

lol i thought this too Illoveshoes but then googled the necklaces.. apparently the amber mineral has healing properties or something that when in contact with the skin helps teething...

Im intrigued with the anklet vs necklace question too??

which one did people buy particularly, can you post links please?

& also.. im really not sure about putting a necklace on a baby.... theres no risk of strangulation??????????xx

i dont think there is a risk of strangulation because of the way they are made....they are made to snap if any pressure is put on them but when they do snap the beadsz dont come away separate because of the way they are knotted. They do seem to be safe but i feel the same am unsure if want to put a necklace on him, read other posts that so many people do and are completely fine tho x

I have a bracelet that LO wears on his ankle ATM (its a bit big) hes had it since he was about 4wk old. Im a bit wary about necklaces but I know many have them with no problems so I might consider getting one as they are supposed to work better nearer the site(?)

I got mine from amber pumpkin https://www.amberpumpkin.com/amber-teething-bracelets-anklets/baroque-amber-baby-anklet.html

Im not sure if it makes a difference as I dont take it off him lol

We have the necklace now(replacement arrived yesterday) and she wears it round her neck during the day and I wrap it around her ankle at night just incase.

Your LO won't even know it is there because it heats up to body temperature so it won't feel cold against their skin. Also the younger they wear it from then they won't even bother about it when they are older.

Oh and I got mine from here and they were some of the cheapest I have seen.

HTH

lol i thought this too Illoveshoes but then googled the necklaces.. apparently the amber mineral has healing properties or something that when in contact with the skin helps teething...

& also.. im really not sure about putting a necklace on a baby.... theres no risk of strangulation??????????xx

https://www.dinodaisy.co.uk/Adjustable-Teething-Anklets.html

I have just ordered an anklet from this pure collection, im a bit scared of a necklace even tho i know in my head they are fine. x

I have just ordered an anklet from this pure collection, im a bit scared of a necklace even tho i know in my head they are fine. x

Oooohhhh they are lovely, wish I had seen them before I ordered her replacement. Might just have to buy one too! Quick question though, would you just put it under your LO's tights or socks??

I only put Jenna's on her ankle at night because her sleep suits keep it on her ankle.

Anbesol liquid, only thing which helps (we haven't tried the necklaces yet) i hadn't heard of anbesol before bnb!

Oooohhhh they are lovely, wish I had seen them before I ordered her replacement. Might just have to buy one too! Quick question though, would you just put it under your LO's tights or socks??

I only put Jenna's on her ankle at night because her sleep suits keep it on her ankle.

I found a thread on them on baby club and there was loads of comments, everyone seems to just leave them on all day and night under socks, babygrows...whatever they have on really. They are nice arent they, cant wait for it to arrive now....and hopefully it will work dont want a colpol dependant baby haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->