Teething...so young??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Sherileigh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

Is it possible that my son is teething at 9 weeks?? He's drooling like crazy...knawing on anything and everything...our shoulders, fingers and his hands! And he's usually pretty happy and now he seems pretty irritated at night! I think I feel a little something poking in his gums...but not entirely sure. Seems to early for teething.....?

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

Not too early :) My oldest had 2 teeth at 3mo

3. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

What can I do to help him?

4. helenbun2005

helenbun2005 Well-Known Member

harry started teething about 9-10 weeks. no sign of teeth yet though...just lots of dribbling! dummy and calpol/teething gel/powder helps a bit!

5. Missy85

Missy85 Well-Known Member

hi hun zack is 10 weeks on friday and he is the same but more chewing fists than drooling

6. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

Freya started at 9 weeks, I think the thing she liked best then was when I gave her cooled boiled water straight from the fridge, she either drank it or just chewed on it a bit. Seemed to settle her down when she was too young to hold things in her mouth. She's still bad now though, and no teeth yet! :hugs:

7. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Amelie was showing teething symptoms at 10 weeks and we've still no teeth! Apparently the teeth come through the bone first and can be ages and ages until they break through the gums :shrug:

8. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Halen has just started showing signs, and when I tip his head back I can see two tiny paler spots on where his canine teeth would be, so maybe we'll have some soon.

We have bought an amber teething necklace for him

9. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

archie started teething at 8 weeks and the first came at 11 weeks...we are still going he has 10 teeth now

the best thing i found to help was an amber teething necklace...if you want to know anything about it there is a thread on here somewhere or feel free to pm me xx

10. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

I agree with the amber teething necklace, I didn't know about them until Hayden and it is the best thing ever!!! I wish I had had them for my other 2