Teething

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Jo-anne, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Jo-anne

Jo-anne Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Lewis has started teething - drooling all the time, chewing his hands and generally really restless and grumpy all day.

Oh and his nappies are something else just now.

Any advice? how long were your wee ones teething for before a tooth arrived.

2. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

dont want to lie to you but teething can go on for many months before they cut their first one im afraid :hugs: Colby started teething around 6 weeks old and didnt cut her first tooth till around 6 months. I can always tell now when shes about to cut another tooth as she gets really sore looking nappy rash the week before.

Only thing i can really suggest is getting a gel ring for him to maybe chew on
    (sorry im not sure how old he is) even if you held it for him just to cool his wee gums :hugs::hugs::hugs:

3. Jo-anne

Lewis is 17 weeks now - and crying constantly - tried calpol, nurofen, calgel, bongela and ashtons and parsons - he seems to be in pain constantly.

4. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

chloe was teethin from abotu 2 month and cut her 1st at about 10 month!!! ashton and parsons really helped her tho, i can sympathise hun :hugs:

5. KX

KX Well-Known Member

rebecca still teeths to this day-she is cutting some back ones just now. It's a long process :dohh:

6. Jo-anne

he is not feeding properly either wants the bottle but when starts feeding spits it out x

7. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

speak to your HV hun maybe she can advise something better other than the thinsg youve tried. Has he got thrush? its like little white spots in a babies mouth? Colby had this when she was a baby and had to get stuff from the doc as she would spit her milk out as it must have been painfull

xxxxxx

8. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

I would definitely recommend "Anbesol" for teething, you need to ask for it over the counter, its a liquid rather than a gel so unlike bongela for instance it wont just slide off the gums, it sinks right in!

9. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Alfie is a real little dribbler of late, so I am not sure if he has started or not? My GP said today there is no reaosn why not, but touch wood, there is no obvious discomfort for him, it is just the dribbling that made me question it!

As for Jade, I had no idea she was teething as she had no problems at all with it, she was extremely lucky!