Tell me about your 3 month old...

purapura

Reaction score
My boy is very aware of his environment...he want to see everything and sometimes forgets it's time to eat as there is so much to see. He makes a lot of noises, like "agoo", "aww" and more. He only started grabing at toys and everything in the reach of his hand. He also is trying to roll, he is kicking his legs all day long and love splashing and laughing in his bath. Over all he has 2.5-3.5 hours of naps during day, and 1 feed during night.

The reason I would love to hear about your LOs is because I think he is way too active for his age... So really just want to know if this level of activity is normal for a 3 month old boy.

Jacob turned 3 months today!

He laughed for the first time yesterday which was amazing! He is also tucking his legs up all the time like he is trying to roll over, he has a favourite toy giraffe that has dangly bits on and his favourite game is when you pretend you are going to drop it on his head but catch it at last minut!

He sleeps around 2 hours in the day (longer if we are out as he loves his wheels!) and go 12 hours at night without waking

xxx

LO is 14 weeks, he makes lots of noises and loves chatting to people. He is doing the same as you describe with his legs but hasn't rolled over yet. He is just starting to actually laugh not just smile. He is obsessed with looking at his hands and trying to put them in his mouth, he doesn't always make it and quite often hits himself in the eye, which is quite amusing! He is grabbing onto stuff and not letting go. He sleeps 11- 12 hours at night, wakes up anything from 0 - 2 times. He sleeps about 3 hours in total during the day, sometimes less. He fights sleep in the day.
xx

Sounds normal to me! My LO was rolling, holding toys and babbling by 3 months, and smiling and laughing.

my lo is cooing and awwwing at things and chats a fair bit to himself. he loves batting his toys on his play gym. he has laughed 3 times. im counting. i keep trying to find out what made him laugh to begin with. so far its always been in the bath. its so cute. he kicks a lot and can kick his legs so hard that he scoots along the floor. hehe. he stays awake for about 2 hours at a time and sleeps from 11pm til 7.30am. he also falls straight asleep with any motion or rocking i.e car. pram. rocking. sling lol x

My little man is 14 weeks, he smiles lots and babbles away all day. He say 'agoo' a lot! Wonder what it means? :haha: Lifts his legs up and over to the side, tries to kick me when i'm changing his nappy... Sucks his thumb, sometimes tries to get both hands in his mouth :haha: Reaches for toys but doesn't quite manage to co-ordinate grabbing them himself (unless they are big and unmovable) but if you put things in his hand he'll hold on to them for ages and suck on them.
He goes to bed at about 7pm and sleeps between 10-12 hours, feed and back down for a few hours. During the day is less predictable sleep wise and he fights nap time!
And today has been horrendous because he has had his 2nd load of injections... goodness knows how many times we'll be up tonight. I can hear him grumbling already.
Love him! :cloud9:

my little man isn't quite 3 months old yet but he loves gurgling and laughing and kicking his legs 50 to the dozen when he's on his playmat! He says oooowwww and ugle and has huge smiles!! He's also started to whack the toys on his activity gym. He sleeps for about 3 hours in the day and most of the night :)

Thanks all. It's actually very interesting to hear how other babies are... It does sound like it's normal for them to be so active at this age :)

Sophia has been cooing, awwing and babbling for a while now. She always "talks back and forth" and recognizes our voices and turns her head when she hears them. She laughs quite a bit, too. She always bats at her toys hanging from her play mat and now she likes to hold on to her bottle. Not all by herself, but she has to have her hands on it. She hates laying down in someones arms and has to be sitting up or standing.

She is doing 99% of the stuff on here for 4 months. (Which she will be on the 25th)

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/firstyearoflife/firstyeardevelopment.html

She LOVES the bath time and usually kicks her legs so hard it moves her butt off of the seat thing. She sleeps through the night. Usually going to sleep between 8 & 8:30, wakes and I put her in bed with me around 5:30 and she sleeps until about 7. She takes quite a few cat naps during the day, usually nothing longer than 30 minutes.

Louie's about the same. He doesn't nap a lot in the day but sleeps all night. He hates being in his bouncy chair when he's awake and more happy up and watching what's going on or in his baby gym. I tend to rotate him around forms of entertainment when he's bored :lol:

Oh well seems my LO (11 weeks) is average as he is similar, naps maybe 1-2 hours during the day (broken up into about 3-4 naps) and goes about 11-13 hours overnight from 10pm-9/11am depending on what mood he's in! usually wakes for 1-3 feeds, is variable. Also making a lot of "booo" "awwooo" and "agooo" noises and giggling especially when tickled or having his cheeks played with!
(seriously want a baby translator to tell me what "agoo" means)

Seems it's pretty normal then and there was me thinking I had passed my ADHD gene onto him lol maybe not :D

Thomas has just stopped a teething 'cycle' thank God because he has an op on Tuesday! He's 14 weeks, is full of smiles and loves his hands. He's either holding them or shoving them in his mouth. He doesn't roll and he hates tummy time. He sleeps a lot. He's usually only awake for an hour or so before he needs another nap. He's lazy :lol: He doesn't STTN and drinks between 4-6oz per feed but can sometimes shock us and take 10oz in one go! He loves to stand and can stand for a good while! He's not interested in toys but loves his cotmobile and his most favourite thing is having someone holding him and talking to him. He loves to stare at our faces and is learning to giggle. He enjoys his baths but screams when you take him out.

I think that's it :lol:

Leo is 12 weeks old... He smiles aaaall the time and his new favourite thing to do is chat away to himself! He also says 'agoo' a lot and also 'aww' and 'm m m muuum' which can be quite funny when I'm trying to put him down for a nap and he's looking at me with big puppy dog eyes going 'aw m-m-m muuum' hehe He isn't chuckling yet, really can't wait to hear him for the first time! He hates lying down and has to be sitting up so he can look around everywhere. He loves staring at peoples faces and trying to copy them. He is always moving his arms like he is trying to swim! He has rolled onto his side 4 times but they have probably been flukes, still pretty cute to see though! He goes to bed at 9.30pm and sleeps until 8.30am... with no bottles during that time. Oh and he has 2 naps during the day, one at about 10am and one at 3pm... both for usually around 2 hours -boy loves his sleep! haha xxx

My gorgeous boy :cloud9: :

nans knitted cardy, mitts and hat - 10 weeks 5 days.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back