Tell me about your 5 month old...

kelleepudding

Reaction score
As above really :thumbup:

I am having terrible trouble with my 5 month old lo, he just will not nap in the day and we have hysterical crying at bedtime! Other than that he is great lol :baby:

Development wise he still doesnt roll and hates being on his tummy:dohh:
He will reach for toys and bat them but this is more luck than judgement I think:haha:
He weighs just over 20lbs and is 28inchs long.

Tell me about your 5 month old LOs so we can compare and share notes and problems!

xx

Mine sounds alot like yours TBH. He will nap, but only for 20 mins max at a time.
He is quite ready for bed by 7 though.
He has started to wake up at night time again, for the past few nights hes gone down at 7, and been up at 11.30 and then 4.30. Then up for the day at 6.30.
Its slowly killing me, but im hoping he starts sleeping through again.

He is being weaned, we started early about 16 weeks, reccomended by HV for reflux.

Rusks were the only things he would eat, and he now cant have them as im pretty sure he has a wheat intolarence.
Currently loving Ellas kitchen pouches. :)

He rolled on his side the other day twice, but no sign of rolling over yet, and he HATES being on his tummy, he just eats the floor. Hes really into the Peppa Pig theme tune, his toy giraffe, and blowing rasberrys.

And this morning hes had hours of fun with an empty Mini Cheddar packet and a helium balloon :)

Aww how cute!

Evie also has no interest in being on her tummy. She can roll onto her side both ways but isn't interested in going any further than that thank-you-very-much!

She loves to sleep during the day although getting her off can be a bit of a battle. Still opens her eyes pretty much as soon as you put her down though if she dozes of whilst you're holding her!

We started a bedtime routine last week but it's gone to pot over the last two nights as she screams the house down as soon as you lay her down. With another child in the house it's just not practical to let her scream (not that either of us could let her anyway) so we've ended up comforting her to sleep....

We're still waiting for that first laugh. She'll smile lots and have an attempt at laughing like a tiny giggle but I can't wait for that first all out uncontrollable wetting your pants belly laugh!

As for her weight, well she's a little baby. Although she was 8lb 11oz at birth she's now only 12lb2oz and down on the second percentile. We've just this week started weaning although we think she's just designed to be a little baby. Our little cutie!

V
-x-

Shes beautiful :)

Isnt it funny how different they all are. My DD laughed really late, but Zachs been laughing and smiling forever.

And i would soooooooo love to have a little tiny baby, he is HUGE! Were in 6-9 month stuff already :(

I'll be watching this one closely as Daphne is 5 months today

So far she is a bugger for napping in the day and wont nap unless being held or in the sling and when she is asleep it's a really light sleep and only usually lasts around 20 minutes or so

From 4 months she's been waking up between 4:30-5:30 for the day whereas before this she'd sleep until 7:30, have her bottle and then sleep untill 10:30ish

She's figured out how to blow rasberries, she was blowing them all the way around the co-op this morning and I'm sure everybody in there thought it was me farting

She started to laugh about a month and a half ago, it's the weirdest laugh I've ever heard though, she sounds like an old pervy man

She can roll over onto her side

She shouts alllllll the time, at everyone and everything

She hates tummy time

We've started weaning and she loves loves loves food, her fav is sweet potato, she isn't swedes biggest fan though

aw sooo cute! We r also in 6-9 months clothes too :flower:
so glad I am not alone with the unsettled times when trying to get him to sleep, was at the end of my tether last night:cry:

what dates were your babies born?

xx

Zach was Jan 4th, I was bit gutted really because his due date was the 1st. Which would have made his birthday 1.1.11 :)

Daphne was born 8th Jan

She's in 3-6 months clothes some 0-3 still but wont be for very long. She's a very chubby baby but very short so clothes seem to last her a long time

lol ioan was born on 15/1. I was induced on 14/1 which was our 1 yr wedding anniversary so we were really hoping for that day but never mind! he was on the 15th same as my neice and exactly same weight 7lbs 8 oz!

Lisa, my boy has just learned to shout also, we now have no peace! He likes to shouting at people walking by in the push chair lol I think he is going to be a rowdy little boy :haha:

My DD is the same with naps, if were home she will have 1 maybe 2 45min-1hr nap. If were out and about she wont sleep at all! Shes an angel for night sleeping tho goes down around 8pm and then has a bottle around 5-7am then goes back to sleep till 9-10am.

Shes now having one 6oz bottle of EBM at ~7am, 1/2 small jar of veg and a 5oz bottle at ~11am, 1/2 a small jar of fruit and a 4-5oz bottle at ~3pm and 3 tbls of baby rice cereal and 6oz of EBM at ~7pm.

Shes been proper laughing for a good 6-7 weeks now, still HATES tummy time, has rolled onto her stomach once about a month ago and rolls to both sides all day long. She really loves having things in her hands that she can look at/suck on.

She is still in 3-6 month clothing but is a proper chunker!

Shes a super happy baby and I could not ask for better! :cloud9:

xx

Phoar, that is one big 5 month old! My wee man is about 15.5 pounds.

So he can't hold or grab at all? That has to suck! Hard to entertain a busy brained 5 monther otherwise. Hmm.

On the napping thing, mine wont go to sleep if I don't time it right. If he goes to bed 10 minutes later than he should have, all he does is cry.

Awwww Evie was born on Christmas Eve which was pretty cool timing. She was always going to be called Evie (E for Ean her dad and V for Vicki which is me put together to make Evie) but we thought her timing was extra special! :)

Lisa, my boy has just learned to shout also, we now have no peace! He likes to shouting at people walking by in the push chair lol I think he is going to be a rowdy little boy :haha:

She was giving everybody is asd a mouthful the other day :haha:

I am having terrible trouble with my 5 month old lo, he just will not nap in the day and we have hysterical crying at bedtime! Other than that he is great lol :baby:

Development wise he still doesnt roll and hates being on his tummy:dohh:
He will reach for toys and bat them but this is more luck than judgement I think:haha:

Tell me about your 5 month old LOs so we can compare and share notes and problems!

xx

Avery hates, hates, hates to sleep during the daytime. She wakes up at 7:30 and we're lucky to get one short nap around 1-2 p.m. However, she sleeps wonderfully at night. Although she's a crab after about 7 p.m.

At 4 months she finally got the hang of tummy time, but isn't really a fan. This week she learned to roll off her stomach, so she rolls off when she gets bored. She loves to roll on her sides when on her back and by accident sometimes rolls completely over.

Her favorite things to grab are teethers shaped like rings. They are the easiest to hold. This is her favorite (in pink) https://babygiftsandtoys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/wpid-41nv15nO4fL.jpg She grabs and holds great for over a month now. But her favorite toy is really her feet. Every morning we wake up with wet feet on her sleepers now.

She's wearing 6-9 months clothes. Avery is about 16 pounds and 28 inches long.

Foodwise, we're still only taking formula. 5 x 6 ounce bottles a day.

Stanley was also born on Christmas Eve, he was due 5th Jan. He weighs approx 16 pounds now but is really tall so is in 6-9mth clothes mostly.

He has been able to roll over for a bout 2 weeks now, but before that he absolutely hated to be on his tummy, it seems that as hw gets there on his own now it isn't as bad lol!! Although he doesn't tolerate is for very long!

He will sleep from about 7/8pm, wakes for a 4oz feed at 11pm then 4oz about 3/4am. Then he wakes at 6am and depending on his mood will go back to sleep with his dummy in his cot or if in a snuggly mood he will want to come in bed with us. He then wakes up about 7am for the day. He has his 4oz of milk and his breakfast, his favourite being a strawberry porridge type thing, Then 4oz at about 11am. Then 4oz and lunch at about 3pm. Then 4oz of milk at 7ish for bed. Sometimes he will have some fruity dinner at about 12.30pm.

And for snacks he likes the mini rusks or banana. I have one of those net type things to eat his banana from but he holds his rusk on his own.

He is growing up far too quickly :wacko:

My little girl is closer to 6 months now, but only just, and she is sooooooooooo active, which is a mixed blessing!

She sleeps well - 11 hours at night and 2 in the day - and settles with just a short cuddle. However when she is teething she wakes every hour at night for her dummy, and i mean EVERY hour. The first two teeth came in at 4 months after five weeks of sleepless nights and the second pair are now on the way.

She rolled at three months and now when you put her on her back she immediately rolls over. She canalmost fully crawl but hasn't quite got the arm action right, although this doesn't stop her from being able to drag herslf across the length of a double bed in mere seconds!

She likes to be constantly entertained and will not let me leave her for 5 mins. She gets angry easily and has major meltdowns. She particularly hates to be restrained in something like a bouncy chair.

She loves food and milk but is small for her age - easily still in 3-6 month clothes and some are still too big for her!

x

aw thanks for sharing everyone - although I am kinda worried now as my baby doesnt do half as much as all of yours! :dohh:

aw thanks for sharing everyone - although I am kinda worried now as my baby doesnt do half as much as all of yours! :dohh:
:hugs: All babies are different. Some are content to lay back and observe. I wish mine was, she's a high maintenance girl. :wacko:

My son was happier to just lay around and watch what everyone was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->