Tell me about your 5 month old...

Izzy sleeps great at night, she goes down at 7.15/7.30 ish, sleeps until around 5.30, has a feed and then sleeps with us till around 8.00/8.30.

However, she's a nightmare when it comes to daytime naps. The only way I can get her to nap is to put her in a darkened room and lie down beside her till she drops off - she's like a bloody parrot, wont sleep if there's the slightest bit of daylight to be seen.......... :dohh:

She's learne to roll onto her tummy, but not how to roll back, which is a bit unfortunate as she hates being on her tummy. We seem to be stuck in a permanant cycle of her putting herself on her tummy, screaming herself stupid cos she hates it and then me having to put her back on her back. I'm looking forward to this phase being over.......... :growlmad:

Her favourite toy is probably her jumperoo, but she does have a soft spot for her building blocks, or more specifically for knocking them over!

I agree with the above post, they are all so different. At times I wish Rose could just R.E.L.A.X, but its just not in so hey-ho! x

aw thanks for sharing everyone - although I am kinda worried now as my baby doesnt do half as much as all of yours! :dohh:

Awww don't worry hun. Sometimes I think comparing your baby to everyone elses is a worthless exercise. Personally I can't stand mums who are in your face boasting about how big their baby is and what he can do. All babies do develop at their own rate and yours will catch up and overtake everyone elses as soon as the time is right :hugs:

V
-x-

I think the bigger the baby the longer is takes for them to roll over since they need stronger muscles

My little princess is extremely busy. Has been rollingsince 4 months and now rolls where she wants top be. Very cute. She is sitting up on her own too but not for too long. She loves tummy time and when on her back will roll over to be on her tummy.

She has really good coordination and loves to grab things.
She does not nap much during the day but is a good sleeper at night.

I have just started giving her porridge in the morning and she too loves her Ellas organic pouches.

The past few days she has been throwing little tantrums when something gets taken away from her but when we give it back to her she is her smilly self again.

Lilia is approx 70cm but don't know her weight :) Wears 6-9 mths which is making me a bit sad!

Another shouter - this one has regular night time shouting sessions. Mmm, nice.

Just started full rolling, from back to tummy. For ages she got on her side but couldn't be arsed to take it further!

Is a regular chuckler, with a lovely throaty giggle that I love to hear.

Has at least one long nap (up to 2 hours) now, used to only do 45 mins. Settles well at night but wakes up twice to be fed.

Been bit "weird" for a few days - another growth spurt I think. She gets very grizzly, urgh. Hopefully back to normal soon!

aw thanks for sharing everyone - although I am kinda worried now as my baby doesnt do half as much as all of yours! :dohh:

Awww don't worry hun. Sometimes I think comparing your baby to everyone elses is a worthless exercise. Personally I can't stand mums who are in your face boasting about how big their baby is and what he can do. All babies do develop at their own rate and yours will catch up and overtake everyone elses as soon as the time is right :hugs:

V
-x-

What she said :thumbup:

They're all gorgeous :baby:

Levi is a little over 5 months :) he rolls everywhere but hates his tummy! I honestly thought he would never roll as he is so big. He s 23lbs and 30 inches long. He just started rolling and literally rolls to his tummy to get what he wants then rolls back to his back. Lol. He doest do well sitting up yet, a friend of mine has baby same as mine and she says hers sits up great so not sure if he is just lazy or just not ready. And he has just finally found his feet, took awhile but he has done it :) Thankfully he has a pretty good routine finally that he set up all his own sleeps an hour in the morning then 2-3 hours after lunch then an hour at dinner time and down at 9. He has gotten into such a routine though that If I break it he is not happy at all. Will literally scream until I put him down for a nap :/
Oh and he was born Dec. 23rd :)

Jessica was sttn from 8 weeks old, but now has started to wake once in the early morning (about 5am) - she will usually go back down though.

She rolled over 3 times yesterday for the first time, but had NO interest in repeating it today LOL.

She watches intently when I eat anything - makes me feel guilty! I let her suck a peach today, and she LOVED it. I've just started her on some baby rice once a day, and she is doing really well. She gets excited when I put her in her highchair, and cries when the bowl is empty!

She can sit up for about 30 seconds, but has to be concentrating otherwise she kisses the floor lol

She loves her jumperoo. She will suck anything that comes near her mouth, and bites really hard too, even though she has no teeth - it really hurts!

I was reading through just to be nosey lol and then realised we nearly belong here! Phoebe will be 5 months on Monday - :happydance: but also :cry: it's going so fast!

She's also doing far too much for my liking, I want to keep her as my baby girl lol but she's having none of it. That's what happens when you've got 3 big siblings to show you lots of clever tricks I guess!

She rolls, isn't too far off sitting and loves to blow raspberries. She really picks her moments though! Her knees went up under her the other day and I just thought noooo! She loves the bath too and splashes and kicks, I get soaked!

My LO will be 5 months on Friday. He is 16lbs 11ozs and 27in. long. He has just started blowing raspberries (again) all the time, he talks to his toys and now grabs the animals on his mobile in his swing. He can roll back to front and front to back. He loves being on his stomach and actually sleeps that way every night. He loves to nap and goes for 3 a day and I don't usually have a problem putting him down. Putting him to bed at night is easy, I always make sure to put him down awake. He doesn't STTN though, so I am looking forward to that day. I think he is going to crawl soon as he pulls himself up and brings his bum up in the air. So he is working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->