tell me it gets better

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
This baby is very much wanted, planned and loved. Just so were clear on that...

However since I got pregnant I've been on progesterone pills and after about a week and a half of taking them I got extremely nauseous 24/7, headache, boobs just hurt SOOO bad like unexplainable, I just overall feel emotionally disconnected with this pregnancy.

I didn't take my progesterone Sunday night and Monday I felt a ton better! Like a lot. So I didn't take it again last night and called the doctor today. Of course he still wants me to take it and called in zofran for nausea to go with it. So I took it tonight, but I'm just so scared all those bad symptoms are going to come right back. I'm scared this disconnected to baby feeling will lead to depression after delivery.. I don't want that at all. I want to be happy and excited about my pregnancy again. It took a very long time to get here dangit!!

Please tell me it'll pass when I see the heartbeat next week!

Awww, I completely feel you on this one:( this is my 3rd and very much wanted 3rd, I was ecstatic when I got my BFP ..... And then the misery kicked in.... I was sick with my other 2 but this is 10 x worse..... Zofran doesn't even touch the nausea, my boobs hurt so bad the first few wks I was up all night in tears because of them!! I live on the couch because of the nausea, vomiting , and migraines.... I miss out on so much with my boys, I can't even take them outside to play or let them go swimming because I can't handle the heat with this nausea..... I'm normally a very active healthy person and I love food..... Everything about this pregnancy is so depressing.... I'm so down every day, I find it hard to engage in any activity leg alone smile or laugh.... I'm terrified of having post Partum after this one.... I never had it after I had the boys but I was always happy during my pregnnacy.....
I'm sorry I can't help much to comfort you with positive reassurance lol, but I'm definitely here for vent sessions to rant and rave over the misery!!! 9.4 wks and it couldn't go by any slowerrrrrrrr!!!!
Hope you feel better soon!!!!

This will pass, I promise. I had nausea real bad during the first tri, and I hadn't had it before with my previous two. It finally started to get better at about 12 weeks or so. Frequent meals will help, I found I only got sick when I didn't eat often enough. Drinking as much water as you can get down will help too. I don't know why it works, but try a sip or two of pickle juice when you feel sick, it helped me. It might help to go back and read over your trying to conceive journals, and remember how badly you wanted it. Or read what you wrote when you first found out you were pregnant, and imagine that joy and happiness, try to put yourself in that state of mind again. I know it feels like it will be forever, but it really won't. Time really flew by this whole pregnancy for me so far. It seems it was just yesterday I was holding a test and looking at it with disbelief. And try to remember that feeling nausea means your hcg is very high and baby is healthy and it's a good thing. Good luck hunny, and it will get better. *hugs

Aww hugs for you too Lovemy2boys2, I'm sorry this is so bad for you, but it won't always be. I always thought to myself "just a few more weeks to go". This too shall pass.

First tri sucks, that misery can be common for lots of women. You will adore your baby.

Its very rare it lingers much past first tri:hugs: How long do you have to take the progesterone for? Zofran can take the edge off but you may need more, I get Zofran and Phenergan (makes for drowsiness initially so best at night) and they make it somewhat manageable, just need to get through the next few weeks:hugs:

Hopefully when I see him next week I'll be 8 weeks and he will let me stop it and things are OK. Were not even sure I need progesterone. I didn't have any blood work done this pregnancy and were just basing it off of a chemical pregnancy 2 years ago.

I feel like the progesterone is whats making me depressed? I'm on zofran and its helping the nausea for sure but ready to see baby next week!

I'm right there with you. I've been taking progesterone since 10dpo. I didn't start feeling nauseated until 6wks. I'm nauseated 24/7. I've been taking Zofran and Phenegren and it barely takes the edge off. Sunday I skipped my dose of progesterone because I couldn't even swallow my saliva without gagging, and Monday I felt so great but I had to start taking it again. All I can stomach lately is bread and water. I'm feeling depressed. I can't function. I haven't been able to cook for my kids so they have been getting gross fast food because my SO literally burns everything he cooks :( I've missed a few days of college, I'm miserable!! I took progesterone with my 2nd and 3rd child and I never had nausea with them. I told my Mom the other day that I'm never doing this again, even if this one doesn't make it. Kudos to the women who are sick the whole 9 months.

Its got to be the progesterone that causes this! I'm doing better since I started the zofran with it! I just hope seeing a baby and heartbeat next week helps me get back in the swing of things!

I would definitely do this again but I would have him test my progesterone first to see if its really needed

Yeah progesterone supplements can make symptoms worse. I had an u/s 7+4 and everything looked good but I will be on progesterone until 12 weeks which I will be tested 2 days after to make sure my levels don't drop, again.

Ughh.. See I wish we would have tested it to begin with. I just deep down don't feel I need to be on them. As much as i pushed for the progesterone now I'm thinking it was just me being worried for no reason.. Idk not much I can do now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->