Telling BFF

paintrider89

Reaction score
So, we have now told a few people, my parents, a few aunts and uncles who are very close... however, I have yet to tell my BFF. She married my cousin almost 2 years ago, and they have been trying since before they got married. I know he has a problem (born with it). There is a surgery for it, but its costly. She also has a thyroid issue, but well controlled with medication.
They are a fabulous 'aunt and uncle' to my two. And I know they would be beautiful parents, and I have believed they would be the next to have a baby. She has had a few 'maybe, possibly' that turned into nothing.
Now I am here. For a 3rd time (oops) and while I am getting more excited, I can't help but feel this may hurt her. I almost told her today (my birthday fish fry) but decided that it was to public to announce, as I want to tell close family before announcing.
*sigh* what do I do?

Ahh its such a tough one. She will feel hurt inevitably but of course trying to lessen the blow is key. Coming from somebody who had multiple miscarriages while my friends and family were getting pregnant at the same time was really hard. All you can do is let her know its okay to be hurt and that you are there anytime she needs to vent. Theres no real easy way.

Well, won't have to worry now. She busted me in the store buying prenatal vitamins. She teased me a bit about being done (because we were). It was all in good fun. She seems fine with it, asked if she could tell my cousin, which of course is fine with me. But shes a good friend to be willing to keep it a secret if I asked.
I am so relieved. Please send her some baby dust if anyone reads this. She needs one close to mine!

Ah shame im so glad to hear it turned out ok. Sending an enormous truck load of baby dust her way. Miracles happen every day. My little growing bump is proof of that! 12 years later..

Congratulations on your little one.
I believe it is in the cards for them someday. And she is pretty excited for a new kiddo to get noisy gifts for.

I think just be honest she may be hurt you kept it from her, and soon enough you are gonna show and then a baby. My mate who trying was over joyed when I told her I'm prego x

I think just be honest she may be hurt you kept it from her, and soon enough you are gonna show and then a baby. My mate who trying was over joyed when I told her I'm prego x

She knows. :) she busted me buying prenatal. She is happy for me. Excited for a new baby to spoil.

I'm glad she knows and it went well :)
Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->