Telling family...

Lucy139

Reaction score
So tomorrow is my second scan first was at 10 weeks on New Year's Eve and We were going to tell our families then however I just couldn't bring myself to do it, I don't know why I told oh it was too early and we need to wait till the next scan.. Well that's tomorrow I'll be 13 + 3 and I'm so not ready to tell anyone still. I just don't know why 😔 this is my second baby We have a ds We was very young when I had him and told everyone through text message 🙈 I just know I can't do that this time. I'm a very private person I hate any kind of attention. My Oh has told a few work friends but I've told no one ..has anyone else ever felt like this?! X

I'm very early in my first pregnancy but I think because we had been trying for a while and I was so happy to see the positive test that I told my parents and best friend, also over text haha. I also told one other close friend because she also disclosed to me that she's 8 weeks along. But for almost everyone else, I'm not planning on telling them ever. They'll ask once they see the bump or if they don't see me, then I'm fine with them never knowing. I'm open to talking about it if they ask but I'm not a big sharer especially if I don't think they'll have anything productive to say.

If you don't feel like telling people, just don't. Especially if shying away from attention is normal for you.

I feel the same about not sharing my pregnancy news. I am only 7 +1, but I haven't even told my parents yet. This is baby #4 and it was defintely a surprise to us! I've only told a close friend. but is also pregnant. I don't want all the attention either. I have a very big extended family and new travels quickly. I don't plan on announcing to family I am pregnant this time. People can ask when they see a bump. lol

I've only told three people. My parent's don't even know yet. After having two miscarriages, I'm weary on who and when to tell I'm pregnant again. It's just a scary thing to get everyone's hopes up and then something goes wrong.

I think you are far along enough that it is safe to share the news.

I'm almost 10 weeks and I haven't even told my older 3 kids (ages 8, 9 and 10) yet! Lol I told my ex husband because I've been tired and need him to help with the kids more (my "partner" does not live with or near me, but yes baby was planned). Nobody except me, my SO, and ex husband knows, except random pregnant women I meet and won't see again. My uterus is tilted so I won't start showing until 15 weeks or so, even though this is baby #4. I don't plan on ever telling anyone, besides the kids. We lost a pregnancy at 7 wks in Nov and if anything happens this time I'd rather go it alone.

I'm dreading telling my parents we're expecting another; they were career people and I was a surprise! They are lovely people but nit child orientated and couldn't really get their heads around us wanting 3 never mind 6. My mums response will be icey for sure, so think I'll wait until at least 13weeks too. x

I'm telling my family today and am so nervous and full of dread. I really don't want to.

I was like that with my daughter. It didn't have to do with anything except I loved having the little secret all to myself. I did end up telling my mom and sister after a good couple of scans, but didn't tell anyone else until I was between 24 and 26 weeks. And even then I only told people as I saw them (it was becoming obvious).

Yep!! I was 18 with my first and told everyone through text because I was too worried. This time I'm leaving it as late as possible. I've told a few close friends. I'm going to tell work at maybe 16 weeks and family a bit before. I suppose it all depends how big I get though. We announced it on Facebook last time and I don't want to this time x

I only found out 2 days ago and will try to wait until at least 8-10 weeks to tell hubby - after hubby knows then family will know because he cant keep his mouth shut haha.

that's funny mary! lol

I was going to tell my parent's and DH's parents yesterday, but then I got a phone call from the nurse and she said my progesterone went from 22.5 down to 14. She said it's still in the normal range but they want me to double my dose of progesterone until it climbs back up. It got me very nervous that something might be wrong so I told DH we need to hold off telling everyone another week or two.

Hope16, fingers crossed it will stick!

I'm early in my third and I feel the same.. Nobody wants us to have a third baby even tho we have always wanted one. It came at a really bad time, but I'm already experiencing complications and there's a chance the pregnancy could fail. So I'm waiting as long as possible. I don't really trust my family a whole lot as they are not emotionally supportive. Whenever you feel comfortable telling them dear <3

Oh god I feel exactly the same! I feel like a naughty teenager who's going to get told off. Dreading it &#128565;

I'm extremely nervous as my LO is only 4 months old, and I'm scared they'll judge me. We won't be telling them until I feel ready - maybe after the first scan if all is well.

I've started to get sick, so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hide it for.

I'm 6 weeks today, and our families knew by this point last time.

So tomorrow is my second scan first was at 10 weeks on New Year's Eve and We were going to tell our families then however I just couldn't bring myself to do it, I don't know why I told oh it was too early and we need to wait till the next scan.. Well that's tomorrow I'll be 13 + 3 and I'm so not ready to tell anyone still. I just don't know why &#128532; this is my second baby We have a ds We was very young when I had him and told everyone through text message &#128584; I just know I can't do that this time. I'm a very private person I hate any kind of attention. My Oh has told a few work friends but I've told no one ..has anyone else ever felt like this?! X

My hubby is the same way. He isn't dreading telling people, he just didn't think we had to since they would notice eventually, lol.
For me, telling people feels like an agenda on my to-do list. Every time we reach a checkpoint where we have agreed to tell people it makes me feel better because it feels like I am getting something done. Do lists and checking things off help you at all?
Maybe let the hubby say it and you just sit there with a smile?

I'm early in my third and I feel the same.. Nobody wants us to have a third baby even tho we have always wanted one. It came at a really bad time, but I'm already experiencing complications and there's a chance the pregnancy could fail. So I'm waiting as long as possible. I don't really trust my family a whole lot as they are not emotionally supportive. Whenever you feel comfortable telling them dear <3

I really don't get how ANYONE outside of the marriage thinks they should get to have an opinion/feeling about how many kids you have.
I will pray that your pregnancy goes well and you are surrounded with love and support. At the very least, you have support here :hugs:

Bluemoon, you are sooo sweet :) thanks so much for those words! I am feeling rather down about this lately, even more so now and I just want it all to be out in the open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->