Telling my LG she is going to be a sister

babyhussey

Reaction score
My LG has been asking for a baby sister/brother for so long now (she's 5) and my DH has never wanted anymore. This has changed and we are expecting. We go for our scan on Wed. Dose anyone have any magical ways of telling your little ones?

My oldest daughter (13) knew something was up right away because our cycles were similar. LOL.

My youngest daughter is 8 though, and was the same boat as your daughter. She's wanted baby sibling forever, but she (and we) didn't think it would ever happen. She's super sensitive so we decided to wait until the first trimester had passed and we were a little more confident that everything would be okay. The 14-week mark hit right before her birthday, so we decided to tell her a couple days early with a special "early" birthday present. Inside was a necklace that said "big sis". It took her a minute to get it, but when she realised what we were telling her... she cried. It was precious. <3

If I were going g to do that for a younger kid, I might go for a T-shirt or something more obvious. Though if she's your only kid, a "big sis" necklace would probably work just fine.

My DS is older than your little girl, but he has always asked for a brother or sister, he got a new baby cousin earlier this year and another cousin due in a month which he is mega excited about so we just asked him what would be better than a new baby cousin and he said brother or sister so we just causally told him ok then, took him about an hour before he came back to us screaming in delight when the penny dropped :haha:

My son who's ten had wanted a sibling since he was 2. Took us a while, actually a really long while, but when got to twelve weeks with our dd we bought him a best big brother teddy. To start with he didn't understand, said he was too old for teddies, but all of the sudden it dropped and he went crazy. It was amazingly cute.

This pregnancy while I was being sick when I was about 5 weeks he stormed into the bathroom and said 'your pregnant again aren't you. Can you make sure it's a brother this time' then walked out. Kinda spoilt how we were going to tell him lol. He's getting his brother though so he's happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->