Telling on Thanksgiving

bonniebeams

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be 6w 5d on Thanksgiving. We were planning on telling immediate family then, but now that it's getting closer I'm making myself nervous.

Is anyone else telling family or friends this weekend? How far along are you?

I bought little onesies that say "I love my grandma and grandpa" and "I love my auntie". I am so excited/anxious!

How exciting! I am sure they will be thrilled. I am a little scared to tell my parents the as this will be my third they will have to help out with :)
I am planning to tell people after the first tri is over, even close fam

Stella did you wait that long with your first two as well?

I'm sure your family will be happy even though it's the third baby! Who doesn't love babies??!! :happydance:

This is my first, and I am hoping they will be able to help me out with this little bundle too! Otherwise I'm not really sure how I'll be able to go back to work after baby is born.

I blurted it out to my family on Thanksgiving this year (I'm Canadian so it happened in October) and I think I was only about 7 weeks I think.

I may tell at Christmas, I will be around 8 weeks then. With my second, my MIL guessed by the time we told her at 10w6d (we waited for our first dr appt and ultrasound), I show early.

I blurted it out to my family on Thanksgiving this year (I'm Canadian so it happened in October) and I think I was only about 7 weeks I think.

Oh my goodness how did you blurt?? Just out of the blue "By the way I'm pregnant!" :laugh2:

I think we are going to tell extended family at Christmas. Pretty fun to be able to do all this around the holidays!

Stella did you wait that long with your first two as well?

I'm sure your family will be happy even though it's the third baby! Who doesn't love babies??!! :happydance:

This is my first, and I am hoping they will be able to help me out with this little bundle too! Otherwise I'm not really sure how I'll be able to go back to work after baby is born.

The first one I told the close family the day of the positive test! Lol

Then I had a few miscarriages and with my second one I just told the close family around 18 weeks. That was a very hard secret to keep. I know they will be happy, but I really rely on them when I am working, so it may be interesting...

Oh my goodness how did you blurt?? Just out of the blue "By the way I'm pregnant!" :laugh2:

I think we are going to tell extended family at Christmas. Pretty fun to be able to do all this around the holidays!

Hahaha pretty much!! Okay, so here's the story:

After my last, the doc came to check on me and as an afterthought mentioned that it would be best to not have another kid because I've had 3 c sections now, and my scar tissue is getting bad. My mom is a maternity nurse and she took this way too seriously. So she's been telling me for over 2.5 years that I'm not allowed to have another. Then she brought it up at Thanksgiving in front of people I had just met literally 5 minutes earlier. I pulled my little brother aside and cried on his shoulder because he was the only one who already knew. He calmed me down and said it was going to be okay.

So when it was just me and my mom and the lady I had just met, I started not feeling well and looking for something to eat. (I Was so sick at the thought of Thanksgiving food - Still am) and basically just blurted out "I'm already pregnant!" Hahaha she was very supportive, but very worried. She the opened a bottle of wine and downed it. Then she was fine!!! Haha

Oh gosh Xpecta, what a Thanksgiving you had!

I'll be 6w5d on Thanksgiving and we'll be telling family that will be at dinner, it's a smaller gathering of just DH's grandparents, parents, siblings and Uncle so I'm fine with all them knowing right now. Mostly we're telling early because I need help with DD, she's a busy girl and I'm so tired. Really nervous though! I had a mc at 6w in August. With DD we told at 8 weeks.

I plan on telling my family this weekend... still not sure how I will do this hahaha

Xpecta I'm glad she ended up being supportive I'm the end.

Getting close to telling day!!! I think it makes me nervous because telling it to people makes it more real. Since this is my first it's hard to really feel like it's happening.

It doesn't always go quite as we plan does it, Expecta?

I was planning to tell family on thanksgiving.. Some of them unfortunately found out earlier but that can't be helped.. And I think I'm beginning the process of chickening out on telling the rest.

Haha no. It wasn't as planned. I had a great idea of how to tell them this time, but I just couldn't hold it in while they were telling me I wasn't allowed to have another baby. I knew that if I said it in front of company, my mom would have to keep it together.

It doesn't always go quite as we plan does it, Expecta?

I was planning to tell family on thanksgiving.. Some of them unfortunately found out earlier but that can't be helped.. And I think I'm beginning the process of chickening out on telling the rest.

Weebles why are you chickening out!?

And how did some find out early? Did someone spill the beans when they shouldn't have?? :dohh:

I WAS chickening out but now I'm getting pumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->