Telling our 4 year old

magnolia09

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I joined in 2009 when we were ttc our first, but I've been back lurking for a few weeks so I wanted to introduce myself. :hi: Hubby and I have a beautiful 4 year old little girl and we're 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow with our second.

So here's my question...

I've been wanting professional family pictures of the 3 of us forever. When we found out we were pregnant, I knew we had to do it soon if I wanted to capture our family the way it is now, before it changes. We're finally having them done on Saturday before I start to show too much.

We're planning to tell our daughter at the photo shoot so we can capture her reaction and possibly use one of the photos as an announcement for family and friends. We've had 2 ultrasounds already at 7.5 and 9.5 weeks and baby was fine. But my 12 week ultrasound isn't until Monday. All of a sudden, I'm freaking out about telling her on Saturday. We waited to tell her because I had a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy before getting pregnant with her. She wants a sibling so badly and is going to be sooooo excited, and I didn't want to break her heart if something happened. Intellectually, I know everything is probably fine, but I'm so worried all of a sudden that if we tell her Saturday, there won't be a heartbeat or something on Monday.

So what do I do? Am I being totally crazy and hormonal? :wacko: I don't want to take the chance of hurting her, but I also don't want to pass up the opportunity to capture her reaction this way. Help!

Also, we're planning to announce to the world the following weekend if all is well, because I can't hide my belly much longer and it seemed appropriate being Mother's Day weekend. So changing the photo shoot to the next weekend isn't an option.

If you're not having the nt measurement you could tell her if you are id wait. its a lovely idea, the photo shoot, but personally I wouldn't risk it. I'm 10 weeks, had a scan at 9 and I wouldn't tell our 5 year old until I've had that 12 week scan.

I've had one mmc and 2 chemical pregnancies, i had a scan yesterday at 7+4 and saw our babies heartbeat so we are telling our kiddies on Sunday, once you see a heartbeat the risk of a miscarriage is so much lower, if i were you i would personally tell your daughter on the photo shoot, capture that moment, its a once in a lifetime chance, you have had two scan that show a healthy baby and your belly is growing sounds to me that everything is going really well :)

I'm telling my son after the 20 week scan so I can tell him he's having a brother or sister, plus I'll feel more comfortable as it'll be further along. Good luck though, love the pics idea

Just wanted to share that we did end up telling our daughter at our photo shoot last Saturday. I had to go into the doctor's office for something else on that Friday, so they found the heartbeat with the doppler to reassure me. Anyway, she was SO surprised and happy! And the photos and video we got of my husband telling her are priceless!
https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/sppwrc/DSC_0130-1.jpg

When I told our 4 year old, he couldn't have given less of a crap, he is excited now.

That picture is incredible! We told our 4 year old and he is really excited to have a baby brother or sister but he is disappointed that they probably won't be at the same time haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->