telling people when you are pregnant?

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Okay so someone posted how we would tell our OH, thought it would be fun and a good way to share some ideas of how to tell different kinds of people like:
-your partner
-your parents
-your siblings
-your closest friends
-the children in your families
-will you/how will you announce on facebook
-colleagues/work

and if you have special plans on how to announce gender as well :)

-your partner
I plan to tell my partner depending on the month/time of year we find out that we're pregnant and the events that happen around that time. So I don't have a real plan yet, but I'm sure that I will think of a cute way to surprise him.

-your parents
I plan to get a copy of a children's book (not sure which one yet) and send one to each set of parents (my two sets of parents and DF's one set of parents, so three copies total). On the inside will have a note "from DS and baby#2" asking them to read it to them the next time that we visit.

-your siblings
I have lots of siblings, so I will probably just call them and tell them, haha.

-your closest friends
We'll probably just plan a gathering of some kind (more like celebration, eh? :blush:) and invite all of our friends and then announce it to all of them once they are there.

-the children in your families
I'm assuming you mean how we'll tell any children that we already have? Depending on how old DS is we'll try our best to explain what a little brother or sister is to him and get him a shirt that says "I'm the big brother!".

-will you/how will you announce on facebook
I'll probably just post a picture of our :bfp: in a "second pregnancy" album and start doing baby gaga pregnancy update posts like I did last time.

-colleagues/work
I'll probably just wait until I'm 16 weeks pregnant to tell my boss and people that I work with and simply just tell them outright about it. I may even wait until after we find out the gender and bring gender reveal cupcakes to work. Since it will be my second pregnancy I'm sure that by that point most of them will probably have already guessed it themselves since my bump will become a real bump faster than it did last time and I'm sure I'll have lots of morning sickness again.

I hope to be able to wait until after 12 weeks to tell anyone, but that would be difficult as I won't have a partner to share things with.

I would love to just give my mum, nan and sister a printout of the scan.

Not sure how I'd tell my friends - probably phone them or something.

Depending on where I am working at the time, they might be the first to know if I am working full time as a midwife by then.

There are only a couple of children in my family at the moment, my two cousins and my baby cousin. I would probably tell them later in my pregnancy as 9 months is a long time when you're a kid. I'd probably just tell them I was having a baby - they have a new baby brother so I'm sure they'd be excited about it.

Hmmm. This is a good thread for the mood I'm in this morning!

My partner - I'm going to take him to our favourite restaurant and give him a steak-themed onesie wrapped as a cupcake under the pretence of getting dessert =D

My parents we will probably call and tell, same as my brother - they are all interstate (or in my brother's case overseas).

His parents I think we will have to take out for dinner and tell.

Facebook... I'd love to do something involving our gorgeous dog and a sign saying 'finally... They're getting me a human!' And the due date.

Last up... Work. Now I'm a teacher so this includes my class... The staff I'm going to make a story book about the magic seat (a running joke among staff is there is a magic room in the school that has hosted everyone who has gotten pregnant in the last few years) ending with it being me who sat on the magic seat and leave it on the staff room table. My class are too old and too cool for storybooks (grades 4-6) so I'm thinking I might set them a codebreaking activity with the message that I'm expecting as the answer

-my partner I think with a card and the hpt stick to it

-your parents since we got married recently editing our wedding video and in the end we are going to add a small clip of our baby u/s

-your siblings same way ^^

-your closest friends no surprise just telling them

-will you/how will you announce on facebook I will but like 4 or 5 moths into the pregnancy i'm not so into social media but no idea as of now of how to announce it.

-colleagues/work it depends I don't know sorry

and if you have special plans on how to announce gender If its a girl i will for sure do a gender party with close friends since i have 7 nephews everyone wants me to have the girl so I would put pink balloons in a box decorate the outside and open it in the backyard with hubby. If its a boy I will just take professional pictures with a blue ribbon on my belly and send it to close family and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->