Telling people.

Mummy.kt

Reaction score
When did you tell people?

Our close family know but my DS doesnt yet as I'm only 4+5, I've not had a mw app yet this is 23rd.
I'm back at work tomorrow since Christmas, the thing is I'm so big due to bloating that I know ppl are going to guess. I work in a smallish office and nothing usually gets past anyone, we are all good friends though lol.

So thinking I may have to tell people.

My first pregnancy was pretty uneventful I know this isn't anything to go by, just feel aprehensive as I'm so early and the only confirmation I have is the Poas and the symptoms which are only slight atm.
So baggy jumpers at the ready!

When did everyone tell people? Did anyone guess?

People have asked me and it's only because I've been saying no to alcohol. I knew it would happen and be a dead giveaway but I told them I wasn't pregnant anyway, and they can think what they want. It's been really hard timing with christmas, New Years, and the fact that it's summer, so it's been bbq galore with drinks!

No one at work has said anything, and I work in a very small place where there are only 3 other people at a time working with me. I'm so bloated too, that I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

Our parents and siblings know, but I want to try and hold off until at least 12 weeks before telling anyone else.

With DS we told nobody including close family until 13w. With my second pregnancy (ended in miscarriage), we planned to tell everyone at 6 weeks but we lost the baby at 5w6d, just one day before we were going to break the news. I am now pregnant again, and we told our family at Christmas when I was 9 weeks after we saw baby on an ultrasound at 7w5d with a strong heartbeat. DH told his 2 best friends a few days ago. My closest best friend knew the second I peed on a stick. Everyone else we will probably tell after the 12 week scan.

It's really all a personal choice. To me it comes down to this: Those who I would be okay talking about miscarriage with and telling that I lost the baby if it unfortunately happened (like it did with my second pregnancy), I tell early. Those who I would not feel comfortable telling, I wait until second trimester.

So far the only ones we've told are our parents, my husband's favorite auntie (the best Xmas present she ever got, she said :flower:) and our respective best friends.

At my Xmas party my husband took our server aside and explained and he brought me Sprite with a twist of lime in a highball glass throughout the night so no one was the wiser. My husband's Xmas party isn't until January and I think I'll just tell his colleagues that I don't drink at all. They don't know me so won't know any different.

There have been several occasions where wine has been served at work, but so far I've been able to get out of it by saying I drove to work and am worried about checkstops. You get arrested for impaired driving if you blow even .005 here and I'm small, so people seem to be buying it. Also people have commented a few times that I don't look so good and have asked if I'm feeling okay, so that's a good excuse too. Luckily it is cold and flu season.

My husband wants to tell everyone after week 12 so that's when we're going to let the universe know.

My husband says he's enjoying keeping this news to ourselves for now, but personally I can't wait to tell!! I feel awful a lot of the time and wish people knew, LOL. Anyone else feel this way?

I'll be six weeks when I go to work tomorrow. I've told one friend and I'll probably tell my boss (who also preg) but other than that I'm nut telling a anyone, even family (especially family) until 12 weeks

I have only told family and very close friends, i go for my first appt. jan. 21 and ill be around 7 1/2 weeks. But i will probably wait till 12 weeks to tell or my 2nd visit whenever that will be. Not sure yet.

cat was out of the bag for us @ 7weeks. I figured we should share our exciting news right from the get go..and yes things can happen..but I wanted that support either way! I was reallllyyyy sick from 4 weeks- and counting, so I needed work to know as well. Whatever you choose is what is best for you :)

If I start getting really sick I'm going to tell my boss at work. There's no point suffering through complete misery if you think they'll be understanding :)

I am 8+3. Only my parents know because we went away with them. I think my best friend has figured it out too. I was also of the mindset that I would want support and was planning on telling my best friend at around 5 weeks as we saw each other a lot during the holidays. Then I started spotting and I was devastated. Luckily everything turned out fine. Saw a strong HB at 7+4. But when it happened I was so glad I hadn't told. Yes I would tell people later on if something went wrong but for me personally I would need a couple of days to process alone.

So far we've told my family, two best friends, and one of my MILs. We were going to keep things hush hush until 12 weeks, but honestly I've been so sick and have had to cancel so many social events it's nuts. It's been horrible not being able to tell people why!

I think the game plan is just FB announcing it after we tell DH's brother here. Even if we have a MC I'd rather have people's support than continue to be sick and alone! :(

Thanks ladies, I went to work today no one said anything quite lucky as I like wearing floaty flowery dresses and leggings so the bloated belly was hidden lol
We are going to hold off telling ppl until the scan however I may have let it slip to a few close friends haha x

We had a MC at 5+5 in August..so we agreed we won't tell anyone till after my scan @ 11 weeks. Don't really want anyone knowing when I still have a rather big chance of losing the baby. But we also haven't had a single scan yet, where as a lot of women have earlier scans showing a HB- I may be more willing to share the news if I had any type of reassurance- but for now it barely feels real.

We have a 7 week scan next week, and I have been going for blood tests twice a week since we found out to make sure it's all going safe. As long as it all looks good we will probably let everyone else know around 9--11 weeks :) a couple of week after my scan, around my birthday!

I told my best friend the day I found out. I told my work about it at 4wks because there are certain medications I cannot be around and it was more about being safe. We told our parents on Christmas. Then we made it Facebook official at 7w 4d once I had seen the heartbeat and baby on ultrasound.

I've told 3 close friends and my mother. Everyone else will have to wait except for my two bosses due to certain things I can no longer be around at my jobs. We want to wait until we at least hear a heartbeat and we know that things are progressing the way they should since I had a mc back in Aug. The people I have told supported me through my last mc and it's helpful to have the support either way.

I thought I might feel differently once we saw the heart beat, and want to tell a few people. But we saw it yesterday, and don't have the urge to tell anyone else!

I'm struggling at work with feeling sick though.

So far I've only told my DH, my mom (and her fiance) and one close friend. I am almost 5 weeks now. DH doesn't want to tell anyone else until his parents know, and he wants to tell them in person which complicates things since they don't live close (but I agree). They were already planning to visit 2 months from now, but we didn't want to wait that long, so we convinced them to push their visit earlier (end of next week). By then I'll be 6w+2d so we will tell them then.

I hope to get a scan when I am 7.5w, and I'll probably tell everyone else after that. I'm trying to find creative ways to tell people, which is proving a challenge! A lot of the ideas I've found online are over used, some are too cheesy.

I know a lot of people wait until after the 1st trimester, but if something was to happen to our baby before then I'd want the support/understanding of my friends/family, so I am fine with telling them early on.

Our plan was always to wait until after 12 weeks or after we heard or saw a HB, which ever came LATER. We've told a few close friends, and DH told his dad (who he is really close to) but my family, FB and the rest of our friends are still in the dark. The reasoning for that is that not everyone on the planet needs to know about it if I would happen to have a miscarriage, and my family would be suuuuuper unsupportive and only said hurtful things like 'it was for the best'. So we only told close friends who would be supportive no matter what.

My first appt was today, and because of my titled uterus, they weren't able to find a HB with the dopplar. I knew it would happen like that because it's exactly what happened in my previous two pregnancies. So I'll be going for an u/s tomorrow (Yay for fast scheduling!!), my office is calling it a dating scan but I know my dates as we were ttc, but hopefully they match up and everything is great, and then in a couple weeks we will announce.

When did I tell people? The exact day I found out, which I did with ALL my pregnancies. I've tried to keep it a secret, I really did, but I tend to get over excited and blab my information to everyone. Plus I was around friends the same day I found out with #3 and even though I tried to keep it a secret, I felt awkward around them knowing I was keeping something from them. So I just got it done and over with

With DD, we told my mom pretty much right away. I wanted a support system just in case anything happened. For everyone else, we waited until 13 weeks.

With this one, my mom already knows because I needed a support system in place because I was worried about DH's reaction. I've told a few people - the ones that need to know. The director of my program at school (so I know how to proceed through the rest of the program) and my one instructor so I could find out if I need to take any precautions with chemistry lab.

Other than that, we're not telling anyone for awhile. Like maybe 18-20 weeks given our situation. I'm not even sure if I'll tell anyone at school. I'm contemplating on just letting them figure it out down the road. I'm guessing there'll be gossip about me failing out or dropping out. I may have to drop out, but it's all circumstantial and won't know until the day comes (complications, maybe if I have a csection again). For now I want to just do well and prove to them that just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm going to fail out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->