telling people

littlelady23

Mum to Bella Bear
Reaction score
ok so me and OH have differing views on when to tell people - we've already told all our close family and friends, but I think it's time to tell everyone else, whereas he wants to wait till first scan. I know my ticker says 9 weeks but I really have this feeling that I'm closer to 10(at private scan they put me back a week and a half, and I just have this feeling baby has had a big growth spurt since then) the main reason I think this is it would make more sense with my dates and when I got my bfp, also I heard babies hb on home Doppler loud and clear at 8+5. plus I just have that feeling. so I'd love to know if you've already told everyone, when u told people with past children. I just feel ready for people to know! should I just go for it?

I think this an area where it's all up to what you feel most comfotable with.

This is my 3rd time around and we will probably wait until the 12 week mark before we tell everybody. Just because... lol.

With my first I was more excited to let everybody know, and I think I told people earlier. I think I am just busier this time around since I have a 4yr old and a 2 yr old running around.

So far I have only told my parents and a few close friends. But we are are really early. I am going for my first u/s today, so as long as everything goes well I will be telling the rest of my immediate family soon.

good luck deciding! Just do whatever feels right for you! Sounds like you are ready to tell people.

Well my LO's class teacher and most of the dinner hall know so it wont be a secret for much longer anyway.
I wanted to wait until 12 weeks (or after 1st scan) but we told our children and our parents and its spiralled from there.

Its totally personal though so go with what you want.

I've told the people I've wanted to. Of course family was first, then I told my boss, and now a few people at work have started to find out.

Everyone will know when then know, I'm not hidding it but if I don't have a realtionship with someone then I don't feel I need to announce it. I'm kind of a private person like that.

I'm desperate to share our news but we won't until we know that all is well at our first scan (about 4 billion years away!).

We've told our parents and a couple of very close friends as if the worst was to happen we'd want their support.

I find I want to talk about it all the time!

I am quite embarrassed to say that but i couldn't resist !! I told my good friend who started TTC with her 2nd at the same time than me, 4 of the girls i work with which whom i am pretty close and someone i used to work with. I told him (cos he asked) that it is ok to tell one of our common friend (his wife is expecting her second next week, she also had a CP). I told all of them to keep it secret as i realize that i am early in the pregnancy and that anything could happen.

I think 12 weeks is too long to wait and if something happen those people will know anyway.

A lot of people knew as soon as we got bfp hubby had this almost involuntary habit of blurting it! I wa more restrained and waited til Scan at 11+4 it's personal choice I just felt better knowing all was hunky dory first :)

yeah people are starting to guess in work - I've been off for 2 week due to severe ms and I've had a few texts from people guessing! I just feel ready. I want to talk about it, and share my experiences with my pregnant friends, and friends who have just become mums. think OH is going to tell the rest of his friends tonight and then I might do a little facebook announcement.

I've told those closest to me (which is actually a lot of people) but I would tell them if something bad were to happen whether they knew I was pregnant in the first place or not.

I am waiting for the scan to tell others, especially work. But I'm not telling work for a selfish reason - I've been trying to get a payrise for the past 4 months (way before my BFP) and feel that telling them I'm pregnant will just throw any chance out the window. So I'm putting it off and off which is fine now but I will want to tell them eventually. GRRRR.

I am quite embarrassed to say that but i couldn't resist !! I told my good friend who started TTC with her 2nd at the same time than me, 4 of the girls i work with which whom i am pretty close and someone i used to work with. I told him (cos he asked) that it is ok to tell one of our common friend (his wife is expecting her second next week, she also had a CP). I told all of them to keep it secret as i realize that i am early in the pregnancy and that anything could happen.

I think 12 weeks is too long to wait and if something happen those people will know anyway.

Amethyste, I'm as bad as you! We told about 6 of our closest friends and my mom. Those are the people I would tell if something ever happened. Its hard not to talk about it all the time!!

We haven't told anyone yet! Still don't feel ready to. Going for a 10 week scan on Sunday so maybe after that. Just want to see all is ok and feel a bit more secure before we share. It's hard not being able to talk to anyone but we are looking forward to sharing the good news soon!!

With my first pregnancy we told family and friends pretty much at 4 weeks as we were sooo excited. However, I had a mc at 10 weeks. It's been a lot harder this time to feel confident and that's why we haven't felt ready to tell anyone just yet. Had we not had that experience, we would have told everyone by now. I just know family/friends would worry and it's enough that we worry without them worrying too! Roll on 12 weeks!!

I'd go for it and share - if you feel ready then you're ready and I'd go with that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->