Telling the family on Xmas Day!

nb1984

Mother of one
Reaction score
I can't believe the time is almost here! When I got my BFP on the 1st of November Xmas Day seemed an absolute age away to be able to finally tell people and now I am just so excited!!!!

We have a nephew on both side of the family who we are going to use to help break the news, I just can't wait to see all their faces as I don't think they suspect a thing!!!

Happy Christmas everyone!!!! :dust: to all!!!

ohhh thats sooo good congrats on your milestone hun xxxx merry xmas xxxxx

I'm telling my family on Christmas Day too.
We have bought a really nice christmas card, and inside we are putting a scan picture, and writing:
To Nanny and Grandad,
Can't wait to meet you in July
Love Baby Boo

It's so exciting isn't it!! Do you think your families have guessed?

Awww that's lovely, it will be a special day, enjoy it xx

i am doing the exact same thing!!! Just got my scan pictures today to put in the special card I bought for my parents!!!

I'm telling mine on Christmas EVe but I think they have guessed as I keep refusing wine - so not like me!!!!!

Is it weird that I am a bit nervous of telling them.....

That will be lovely - enjoy it!!!!

We are also telling our families Christmas day. They definitely do not have a clue :haha:

The best bit is his sister is in Oz and just told us she is going to visit in August :haha: we thought we might tell her by asking her to babysit when she visits and see if she gets it (this is our first) :rofl:

we're telling everyone on xmas too. we're going to do it by having our youngest wear a shirt that says "going to be a big brother" and taking off his sweatshirt when everyone gets there. i can't wait

oh oh oh we're telling on Christmas eve too! I'm actually quite nervous about it! I have no idea who to actually announce it in any original or fun way. Any ideas? I haven't had a scan yet so no pics. I love the t-shirt idea though, adorable :)

I am going to tell on New Year. I don't want to tell on Xmas cause I am having my nutchal scan on the 28th. I prefer to tell them on New Year when I have the result from the test and everything is fine.

I think we are telling our familys on christmas day too, I'm really nervous about it actually for a few reasons.

We have already told our parents so I think that takes the pressure off a little, its just our sisters, aunts and uncles to find out!

I am nervous about telling some of our friends, I think they will think we are mad!

I'm a little nervous about telling everyone on xmas day but we are. I'm only 11 wks but we had a dating scan the other day and were told that everything should be ok. Going back again for the 12 wk scan on the 4th Jan.

Good luck everyone... this is when all the questions and fuss begins!:happydance:

We're telling everyone xmas day i'm not that far gone but i'm having the whole family round (something we decided before i found out) and i just can't jsutify a good enough reason why i'm not drinking, eating peanuts or havingthe prawn salad!!

We're going to dish up dinner and propose a toast then announce it!! I have to tell my dad on the phone so i'm going to tell him i have a xmas surprise for him and that he's gonna be a grandad again!!

me too! I just found out today I am finally pregnant! So me and my husband decided christmas eve was perfect as we are italian and all the family meets at the house for the seven fishes and a very large meal and so we were going to give my parents a present the night before like usual but theyre bibs that say I love my grandma and one that said I love my grandpa we bought them today :) I am so excited they have no clue because my husband is deploying to afghanistan january 7th so they are going to be very important to me through this!

oh oh oh we're telling on Christmas eve too! I'm actually quite nervous about it! I have no idea who to actually announce it in any original or fun way. Any ideas? I haven't had a scan yet so no pics. I love the t-shirt idea though, adorable :)

So many people sharing the joy on Christmas day!!! Us too, I have bought two gorgeous photo albums that say " Grandparent's Boasting Book" on the front, I took our scan pics into Kodak and got copies so there is a scan pic on the first page of each book. They are both wrapped up and dying to be opened under our tree! It will be so lovely as we live about 150 miles from our family and for the first time ever people are coming to us for Christmas - we will wake up Christmas morning, have a leisurely breakfast and unwrap parents (don't know how I will control my excitement at them unwrapping their 'special present'!!!!! ) :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

After that I have somehow got to cook Christmas dinner but at least I won't have to pretend I don't have ms anymore! LOL!!! :sick: (although it isn't half as bad as it was!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->