Telling the FOB

Thank you sooo much everyone :)

I am so glad that I joined BnB, I know my sister went on and on about it when she was pregnant but I didn't realise how much it would help to have people to talk to and ask for advice.

Hopefully I will be able to report back tomorrow with good news

Well that went so much better than I could have ever imagined.

He wants to be involved 100% and support me and the baby. He's coming back round tomorrow so we can get to know each other better. He seems really genuine about the whole thing and excited about being a dad, ofcourse he's really freaked out and scared but so am I.

Really amazed that it went so well, he said he'll do whatever I need/want him to do and that he's gonna come with me to tell my parents (I'd already told him my dad is a scary man!) and we're gonna tell his parents together.

Thank you for all you help and advice ladies :) It seems I got really lucky with my FOB!

Wow, that's so great! I'm really happy it went so well. Congratulations to you both on becoming parents! :)

Thats so awesome!!! =] congrats with the FOB and the baby!! H&H 9 months!!!

Thanks guys :) I feel like I can finally start looking forward to the future. I'm over the moon he wants to be involved as its really important to me that my baby has a daddy.

So happy right now! :happydance:

Ill be honest and say I thought he would ask for a paternity test once baby here (particularly as you used a condom) but if he is up for it without question thats fab. Congrats. x

I'm suprised by his reaction, least there are some decent guys out there & don't just walk away! x

Glad it all went well for you! Have a healthy and happy 9months!!

He said that he trusts me and doesn't think I'm the type of person to lie. So i'm very relieved

Oh what a tricky situation. I don't think you should try to be cute about it - just say, "Yo, I'm preggers and the condom failed. It's yours." Like the others said, don't expect him to react well or believe you. But I hope he's happy.

Well that went so much better than I could have ever imagined.

He wants to be involved 100% and support me and the baby. He's coming back round tomorrow so we can get to know each other better. He seems really genuine about the whole thing and excited about being a dad, ofcourse he's really freaked out and scared but so am I.

Really amazed that it went so well, he said he'll do whatever I need/want him to do and that he's gonna come with me to tell my parents (I'd already told him my dad is a scary man!) and we're gonna tell his parents together.

Thank you for all you help and advice ladies :) It seems I got really lucky with my FOB!

Oh goodie!

Awe im sooooooooo over the moon for you hun eeeeeeekkkkkkkk.Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol is there any chance of you two making a go of things as a couple huh huh huh lol ;) xxx

Yay! SO happy everything worked out for you! :happydance:

It's nice to know there are some great guys left in the world!

I am so happy for you sweetie . Looks like even though it wasnt plan that baby got a good daddy :)

Congrats on things going so well...hopefully they'll continue in that direction. If he's as accepting/trusting/supportive as he's said, he might be the right guy to have around long term anyways. Not a big "fate" believer, but you never know! (must also mention how jealous i am of people who get pregnant after a protected single night of fun...making a baby has taken a lot of the fun and spontaneity out of my marriage).

So happy to hear it went so well. But just prepared that once he starts telling people they might put it in his head to get a paternity test. But that is so great that he is happy and excited!!! Wish you all the best

I agree with above, be prepared for a u-turn in the future, although at least he took it well and is man enough to step up in the here and now :thumbup:

Thank you everyone, I am taking all the words and advice on board.

Awe im sooooooooo over the moon for you hun eeeeeeekkkkkkkk.Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol is there any chance of you two making a go of things as a couple huh huh huh lol ;) xxx

For the time being we are focused on developing a good relationship for the baby, I'm not looking for anything more but if feelings develop then that bridge would need to be crossed when and if we came to it. He is a really nice guy and obviously there was an attraction initially but just because we are having a baby doesn't mean we would work together in a relationship. But you never know!! :winkwink:

Congrats on things going so well...hopefully they'll continue in that direction. If he's as accepting/trusting/supportive as he's said, he might be the right guy to have around long term anyways. Not a big "fate" believer, but you never know! (must also mention how jealous i am of people who get pregnant after a protected single night of fun...making a baby has taken a lot of the fun and spontaneity out of my marriage).

I am a big believer in fate myself. I tried with my last partner to get pregnant and nothing happened so I'm embracing this fully and believe it was meant to be.

I agree with above, be prepared for a u-turn in the future, although at least he took it well and is man enough to step up in the here and now :thumbup:

I am fully prepared for future freak outs but I am independant and believe I am strong enough to do this alone, although I'd rather not. If he changes his mind in the future then I have a lot of great people in my life who will support me :)

Again I can't thank this site and it's members enough for all the support the past couple of days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->