• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Telling the FOB

It seems that you have the right attitude withthe situation and well done for that. I hope everything works out for you whatever may happen. Good luck.

My lovely FOB came round earlier with a sunday dinner and a tub of ben & jerry's for me. Spent the evening hanging out and talking about baby. Feeling very blessed this evening :happydance:

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I am 6w6d pregnant and have known for a week now that I'm expecting. However, I am keeping it very low key and telling very few people (this site is a lifesaver as now I can talk about it as much as I want to!) and tomorrow I will be revealing all to the FOB.

Our situation is slightly unconventional and in all honesty I don't know him very well. I got pregnant after a one night stand and was extremely shocked when I got a BFP. I know he is the father as he is the only person I have had sex with in a long time and I'm certain that I will continue with the pregnancy regardless of his involvement. What I am unsure about is how to tell him. He is coming round mine tomorrow for a cuppa and I don't know what to expect when I tell him.

Just tell him out right, he is responsible as well and it's not your fault. However, I would offer him the chance to take a paternity test so he can be 100% certain the baby is his. I wouldn't trust a person who is practically a stranger would you?

I don't know how old you are but you seem to be strong enough to do this on your own but have you thought about the fact that he may want to be actively involved, including having the child 50/50? Could you cope with this?

Good luck & congratulations :thumbup:

Thank you Anais :) and everyone!

I brought up a paternity test but he seems to trust me regardless, I told him I haven't had sex with anyone else for 4 months (which is true) and he believes me so doesn't want to do one. I suppose this could change but he is happy at the prospect of being a dad.

He also seems to understand that I am very independent and although I want him involved as much as possible I am a trainnee primary school teacher with a background in early years care so I am the best to have main custody whilst baby is little. I also know that even though it would be upsetting, this baby is half his, and if he wants 50/50 custody we could work something out.

My mother and father split when I was little and my mum stopped me seeing my dad alot, when I was 12 I ran away from my mum and lived with my dad from then on, so I understand how important fathers are! Do not want to repeat the mistakes my mum made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"