• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Telling work...

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
When did you all tell your boss that youre preg? Im telling mine on tuesday as i have an early scan booked for thursday morning (during work time). I'm currently just over 9 weeks as measurements at a private scan put me back slightly x

I told my boss last Monday at 7+4 as I was written off work for a week and I wanted him to understand why. I haven't told anybody else and I asked him not to say a word. I will tell them after my 12 week scan.

Thanks for the response. I also dont want the rest of my work colleagues to know just yet so will only be confiding in my boss x

I still havent told my bosses and not planning on until 20 weeks im only part-time and are afraid of them cutting my hours so plan on waiting as long as possible

I told my boss and coworkers as soon as i found out. I wanted them all to know and also be around for support and people to talk to about all the experiences. I work in a daycare so thats made it all the easier.

I'm dreading telling my boss, I'll be the sixth person in a couple of months! :( I have to tell her soon though for health and safety reasons x

I told my boss right away as we had a miscarriage last year and didn't tell her and needed to take time off. I also had to tell her because I'm going out of state for weekly scans, so will need time off each week. Figure it's best to be open about it to her. Nobody else knows though!

Around the 25 week mark when I'm unable to hide the bump anymore. I'm a fairly private person, the boss doesn't need to know until as late as possible.

I am 11 weeks and had lots of bleeds this time around, lots of scans and appointments too! I have quite a physical demanding job so I really need to tell him soon. I worry as i'm on a zero hours contract and really can't afford for my hours to be cut

First time I waited until around 13 weeks but this time I informed them earlier at 9 weeks as there were big decisions being made about strategy. I had had an early scan though.

Because I work in a operating theatre I had to tell my boss right away as I'm not allowed in the anaesthetic room or in the recover area due to the anaethstic gas's.
They are very supportive and I had to have a risk assessment on my duties as manual handling is a quite tuff in theatre so I cannot move patients or heavy sets.
I didn't want the rest of my team to know but when u can't even lift I think they clicked on I was pregnant now they all know and are very helpful xx

I told my boss right away. Part of my job includes lifting heavy equipment, and I wanted to be taken off that duty right away as I'm no longer comfortable doing it.

I have recently discovered there may be a complication to my pregnancy. I am undergoing piles of blood testing to find out, but if I do have it, I will have to tell my team earlier than I wanted because it's possible that an emergency could happen at pretty much any time and I will need them to be able to backfill me. If my tests come back negative, I don't plan to tell them until either after my 9 week scan, or else after the first trimester, I haven't decided which yet.

I told my boss after my scan at 11+6 which determined the cyst on my right ovary had shrunk. I told the rest of my team after the NT scan at 12+4!

I told my boss and staff union rep pretty early, about 5-6 weeks. I've missed a bit of work for dr apts, and had also taken on a lot of extra things at work that I couldn't put as much effort into as I would normally. So I just wanted them to know I wasn't just being lazy.

But they have both been super supportive and understanding that I don't want to tell anyone else until 12 week mark.

I found out I was expecting my second little bubba on Thursday. I've had Easter weekend off and will have to tell my boss tomorrow as I work with adults with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. I'll be moved to the independent living unit where there isn't any risk of any service user been aggressive. I'm guessing people at work will guess why I've been moved so the cat will be out of the bag there xxx

Interesting to see what everyone does for work :thumbup: i work at a nursery and got moved to baby room the week i found out i was expecting, which i found strange but pretty amusing! Get plenty of practise in haha. Dreading telling my boss tomorrow :shrug:

I work a busy fast food job as a floor manager during a shift where we usually dont have enough workers. I told them right away cause the day after i found out i was getting dizzy, also type 2 diabetic and usually blood sugars go low this early on but not this time. And mood swings been really bad from day one so when i crying at work they know its just hormones. And been nauseas around the time i suppose to start my shift. I figured easier to tell just in case anything went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"