Telling work

ssarahh

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Can you give me some advice please. I need to tell work I'm expecting but just can't quite sum up the courage to do it.

I've only been here a year and I feel like they will be annoyed!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Sarah, I'm in same situation too! Also trying to work how I'm going to tell them.

I told my supervisor yesterday. I'll tell the director when she's in the office next. I just said I was pretty early but thought he should know. It was for my own peace of mind as I work with various populations (as a social worker). I have some challenging cases right now and never know what I'll walk into. So I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Oh I will add that I have a 10 month old and I've been at my job less than a year!

My boss already knows as I did an embryo transfer (IVF), and it's always been easier for me to be up front with her due to the extra time off needed for doctor appointments and time off after the transfer. Like last time, we'll tell my manager once I pass the first trimester. Last time I let her tell him for me. :haha: If I was able to conceive the conventional way, I probably would have waited to tell my supervisor, too.

Can you confide in the person you report directly to and then share with the rest of work when you are further along?

I'm dreading it so much!

Iv only been here since December and my job is only full time on and off construction sites so I know it's going to be a massive worry for them! I'm going to hold out as long as I can x

I'd only been working for with my current employer for 9mths when I told them I was pregnant. My boss and his boss were great. Both were really positive and talked about their wives labours etc. I'd told them early as there were some issues so lots of appointments needed but they kept it between them until we went public. I hope your employer is good about it.

My boss was one of the first people we told, we have a fantastic relationship though to be honest.

I wanted to be as open as we could and get any risk assessments done early (I work in a private school for troubled youths that have been permanently removed from or cannot adjust to mainstream schooling so most days are incredibly challenging)

I know what you mean - even though my boss was great when I was expecting DD.

I'll have done two years since my last mat leave when I leave this time, but I still feel bad about it. They've bent over backwards since I've come back letting me change my hours and sorting equipment so I can work from home. Also I know my job share is going to be gutted as he had a hard time covering my mat leave last time...

I was hoping to wait until after my 12 wk scan but I've made so many stupid mistakes recently (most unlike me) and am really struggling with sickness that I think I'm going to have to tell my boss and job share sooner than that.

Ssarahh and Daisy have you told your work now then?

I fell pregnant with my DD after only being here for 3months but due to having a MMC before her I told my boss as soon as I found out in case the pregnancy failed.

Him and his wife have also been struggling for a while now to conceive and I felt so bad when I found out I was pregnant again and waited until I went in for my first scan. To my amazement he was actually very happy for me.

I just told him the day of my scan I wasn't feeling well and the dr did a pregnancy test LOL a white lie I know but I couldn't think of anything to say as we weren't exactly planning on having a baby this year but God knows best.

When I got my current job, I was 7 weeks pregnant and I didn't tell them 😂 I hid it for 5 more weeks until I got a knock to the stomach and wished I told them sooner. Maybe leave them a letter to read??

Hi Scarlett, nope not told them yet. Waiting until scan, they don't really need to know at the mo. Easter hols coming up, scan should be the week following... My boss has had trouble conceiving, so I feel awkward about that too

Good luck Daisy. We're hoping to tell my family over Easter so if needs be I may share news with boss and job share after that...

I have a job that involves very heavy lifting so I told my boss two weeks ago. Just said I was pregnant and thought it was best he knows just in case I'm sick etc and also so that he knows I won't be heavy lifting and doing the harder jobs once I'm a bit further along

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->