Telling Work?

clairebear

Mummy to 2 handsome boys.
Reaction score
I'm working tonight and i'm not sure when i should tell them?

With Jack i was working in a nursery and told them staight away because of illnesses and infections.

But now im in a shop and i dont know? Im not sure when to order my maternity uniform either? MY work trousers are tight already and i dont know how long they will take to arrive? ARGH!

When are you guys telling?

I'm still not sure! Was goin to hold out till 4 months but now think I will tell them after my 12 wk scan in jan as I wanna give them plenty of notice.

It's difficult for me cause I work for the RSPCA and it's a physical job so there only so long I can keep it a secret and also I'm on a contract covering someones maternity leave which last 6-12 months (6 months being up in march) but I have been more or less told she's not coming back and my last Appraisal was excellent so am praying they want to keep me on permanently.

It's scary I'm dreading telling them!

I told mine last week, purely because I work for a really firm and I knew they would be hugely supportive, we're more like a family than work colleagues! It will also go noticed if I'm off having appts and stuff and didn't want them to think I was taking the pee or what they did at forst which was worry that I was ok! As a small company we also cover each others jobs, so we're jack of all trades so want to give them all as much notice as poss. I'm sure they'll be ifne, they might appreciate knowing as much in advance as poss and you'll probably feel relieved once you tell them! And ordering a maternity uniform will be exciting!

I will probably tell pretty early too, because I work in a hospital so there are certain things I cant do. I will probably try and hold off until I know this pregnancy is going down the right track.

they already knooooowww..... ;) x

Think you girls have helped me make my mind up! Think i will tell them tonight!

i told mine straight away, i work in a care home, and im on light duties now til im 12 weeks!

I told my boss straight away... the same day I found out!
He's very supportive and the rest of our staff have been great.
I was a little nervous to tell him, but he was so excited and happy for me.
I think the sooner you let them know, the better. If you wait too long, it might put them in a tight spot.

I had to tell work straight away as I work in a university department and I had to make them aware of the swine flu implications- they've been really good so far!

I'm not telling work until my scan - this is my last week at work and so as long as I can get through that, the next time that I see them is after the scan so it should be ok :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->