Temp charting question

Rachie004

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm just popping over from WTT, I hope you don't mind me posting here but I thought you'd probably be more knowledgeable on the subject.

I'm into my second cycle of charting and I'm loving it, however I'm not able to be consistent in taking my temperature at the same time every day due to my work schedule. The majority of the time I'm able to take it at a sensible time but out of the 5 temperatures I have marked on my chart this month, 3 of them were taken at 4am whereas I would usually take it at around 9am.

Is it better to record the pure temperature taken when I wake or the adjusted temperature so it compares to my usual wake up time? I've been marking both down on my paper chart but I'm curious about what to do on fertility friend. I know that in the grand scheme of things that it doesn't really matter but I'm such a control freak :blush:

Thanks girlies xx

I would say that it wouldn't work out if you record the 4 and the 9 am temps. Personally, I would try adjusting it and see if it makes a decent pattern. I am assuming if you use the 4 and 9 temps your chart will look pretty bad.

I have seen other people ask questions like this but just can't remember what was suggested to them. Try searching for posts on "shift work" and see what they were told.

Hi girls,

I'm just popping over from WTT, I hope you don't mind me posting here but I thought you'd probably be more knowledgeable on the subject.

I'm into my second cycle of charting and I'm loving it, however I'm not able to be consistent in taking my temperature at the same time every day due to my work schedule. The majority of the time I'm able to take it at a sensible time but out of the 5 temperatures I have marked on my chart this month, 3 of them were taken at 4am whereas I would usually take it at around 9am.

Is it better to record the pure temperature taken when I wake or the adjusted temperature so it compares to my usual wake up time? I've been marking both down on my paper chart but I'm curious about what to do on fertility friend. I know that in the grand scheme of things that it doesn't really matter but I'm such a control freak :blush:

Thanks girlies xx

I work night shift so I'm not always able to take my temp at the same time but still have a pretty good pattern and I don't adjust my temps..check mine out and see what you think..

I don't know if this would work for you or not, but in order to always take my temps at the same time I set an alarm for the earliest I have to get up which is 6:30 am and I take my temp. If I don't have to work that day or its the weekend I just go back to sleep.

Good luck!

Hi girls,

Thanks girlies xx

Hello I was wondering the same thing I have an alarm set for 6am but have been wakeing up at 5am or 5:20 so I been temping then and at 6am I record the 5am but some times their the same. What do you mean by the adjusted temperatures .

Thank you for all of the suggestions ladies :)

Estesbaby: Some days I have to get up as early as 0325 but other days I don't get to bed until midnight so I'm not sure setting the earliest alarm would work for me, it's a good idea though. Thank you :)

babysalzar: Fertility friend has an tool that adjusts your temperatures for you. I.e I usually get up at 9am but yesterday I got up at 4am, it calculates what the temperature would have been if I had got up at my usual time. It does however state that it's not as accurate as taking your temp as the same time every day but at least you get a general idea :)

My chart looks much better with the adjusted temps. There were so many highs and lows before! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->